• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Neighbour dispute - update....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbour dispute - update....

Well, all been quiet for a while, other than the usual scuttling around from Mrs neighbour when she comes out to the driveway to find me already there washing my car, or something like that.

Noticed a load of huge bamboo plants in the plastic pots they come with over the last couple of days, even taller than the 5 foot tall red cedar hedge that is starting to take shape nicely.

These things are around 4-5 metres tall, and right by the red cedar hedge that is starting to take good shape, and needing all the sun it can get.

Not planted, just plonked at the side of the fence (the red cedar hedge is by the fence on my side).

When breezy the plants fall over, so she comes scuttling outside to pick them up again before darting back inside.

About to see how effective super strong weedkiller really is

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Well, all been quiet for a while, other than the usual scuttling around from Mrs neighbour when she comes out to the driveway to find me already there washing my car, or something like that.

Noticed a load of huge bamboo plants in the plastic pots they come with over the last couple of days, even taller than the 5 foot tall red cedar hedge that is starting to take shape nicely.

These things are around 4-5 metres tall, and right by the red cedar hedge that is starting to take good shape, and needing all the sun it can get.

Not planted, just plonked at the side of the fence (the red cedar hedge is by the fence on my side).

When breezy the plants fall over, so she comes scuttling outside to pick them up again before darting back inside.

About to see how effective super strong weedkiller really is
    Careful there Wilmslow, it kills weeds.

HTH
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Try a gallon of engine oil. 5 gallons will kill even a large tree.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Or 5 tonnes of chemical fertiliser. That will take out a Norwegian government building.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

4-5 metres tall
          I'm interested how they transported those home
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Thank you Wilmslow for these valueable insights!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Liking the idea of greasing up the bamboo tree, but these are more screening and thin stalked as opposed to wide tree trunks.

Needing something more undetectable than Castrol GTX swimming about the top of the tubs they are planted in.

Eg, is there a known weedkiller that will work from roots level hence I could just slug it in the pots with a watering can, as opposed to spraying the darned things which is how most weedkillers work?

Any ideas??

Comment

Liking the idea of greasing up the bamboo tree
                I'm sure you are.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Try Domestos. Make sure you "water" them when it is dark and raining so that you are not seen and it helps to get the bleach straight to the roots

Comment

Poor plants

This thread'll be interesting evidence at the court case
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X