• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feckity feck - Missed two VAT returns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feckity feck - Missed two VAT returns

Shyzer!

Not only did I miss a VAT return for Apr-May-June for one company, I've gone and missed a second for May-June-July for another. I reckon I might scrape away with an electronic return on Monday for the 2nd, but that's third time in 3 years I've been late for company A.

Anyone know what the fine is for a third time miss?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Death.
    World's Best Martini

Comment

Shyzer!
      Bend over ...

Comment

Shyzer!

Not only did I miss a VAT return for Apr-May-June for one company, I've gone and missed a second for May-June-July for another. I reckon I might scrape away with an electronic return on Monday for the 2nd, but that's third time in 3 years I've been late for company A.

MF was a sockie all along.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Full VAT inspection

Comment

Normally after you miss a couple you get a 12 month probation period where if you miss another one you get stuck with a surcharge.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

that's third time in 3 years I've been late for company A.

Didn't they send you a letter after each infringement reminding you to pay up on time or they'll send the boys round?

Here's details of probable fines (not sure why they haven't kicked your back door in yet) once they catch up with you:

HM Revenue & Customs: Penalties for mistakes and delays with your VAT
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The first time you make a mistake its an accident, the second time you make the same mistake its on purpose, and the third time you make that same mistake its no longer a mistake, its a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  Didn't they send you a letter after each infringement reminding you to pay up on time or they'll send the boys round?

Here's details of probable fines (not sure why they haven't kicked your back door in yet) once they catch up with you:

HM Revenue & Customs: Penalties for mistakes and delays with your VAT
                  Hah! Feck 'em.

"Third default in a surcharge period
                  5% (unless it is less than £400, in which case you won't be charged a surcharge at this rate)
                  12 months from the date of the most recent default

"

VAT is only £380 on that particular company for that quarter.

Kiss my Hector.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Hah! Feck 'em.

"Third default in a surcharge period
                    5% (unless it is less than £400, in which case you won't be charged a surcharge at this rate)
                    12 months from the date of the most recent default

"

VAT is only £380 on that particular company for that quarter.

Kiss my Hector.
                    This is you

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X