• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best cashback card at present

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best cashback card at present

Just doing my weekly stoozing trawl of the best credit cards/savings deals etc when I came across this one from Martin Lewis. This has got the added bonus of a 0% interest free on purchases until March 2012, so if anyone has got a big purchase coming up or wants to spread some contracting expenses out then get this, spend the money on the card, get your LTD to pay your expenses back(in full) and then you've got a cashback and cash to go and stick in an ISA/Investment.

World MasterCard Credit Card | Earn up to 5% cashback everywhere with 0% on purchases until March 2012 | Capital One

"New. 5% cashback and 0% on spending. The fee-free Capital One* World Mastercard's already top cashback card; it pays a huge 5% on all spending (£5 back per £100) on up to £2,000 spent during your first 3 months. After, it's 0.5%-1.25% cashback (the higher rate's on annual spending over £10,000). To get it, you need to earn over £20,000, be 21+ and a homeowner.

Normally, the golden rule is 'repay in full each month' or the interest dwarfs the cashback. Yet apply via the special comparison site link above by 8 Sept to also get 0% interest on spending until March 2012. For big, planned purchases the double whammy of cashback and ability to spread the cost (always pay the monthly minimum) is a winner. Yet plan to clear repayments by March or it jumps to a big 19.9% rep APR"
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

It's only 5% for the first three months and is capped at £100. The 1.5% unlimited after that isn't bad, but it's MasterCard so a lot of places won't accept it.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
      It's only 5% for the first three months and is capped at £100. The 1.5% unlimited after that isn't bad, but it's MasterCard so a lot of places won't accept it.
      Really, where?
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        Really, where?
        He's confused with Amex. Mastercard and Visa are accepted everywhere.

Comment

Cap One have a history of offering these deals and then turning down almost all the applicants. Let us know if you actually get one.
          "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
            Cap One have a history of offering these deals and then turning down almost all the applicants. Let us know if you actually get one.
            I already have a Capital One card, with a £15500 credit limit so cannot apply for this. Capital One IMO have been one of the most stupid credit card companies in UK history(from a business perspective). Going back some 6/7+ years they used to send out cheque books which you could use to pay into your bank account with a 0% fee which lasted for six weeks. They sent so many out to me over the years I had an almost permanent £15000 loan from them for 3 years which I had invested elsewhere. They still continue to offer(stupid) deals so if you're a stoozer this is the best card to get. I reckon I've made about £3-£4k off them alone over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I stand corrected

I too have never managed to be accepted for a Capital One product. "Credit Scoring" is the reason I was given....
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Related to cashback, before I buy anything now I use

https://www.quidco.com/home/

Cashback, deals, special offers.

For example got £70 cashback on my home insurance.

Some examples:

Sky Digital TV and Broadband Offer extended! £100 cashback for Sky+HD, £20 cashback for Broadband Unlimited, £25 cashback for Sky Sports/Movies

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Thought so.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Related to cashback, before I buy anything now I use

https://www.quidco.com/home/

Cashback, deals, special offers.

For example got £70 cashback on my home insurance.

Some examples:

Sky Digital TV and Broadband Offer extended! £100 cashback for Sky+HD, £20 cashback for Broadband Unlimited, £25 cashback for Sky Sports/Movies

Nah, use top cash back . Quidco take a £5 fee from the money you get Topcashback don't.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X