• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alistair Darling lays into Brown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alistair Darling lays into Brown

BBC News - Darling tells of 'fundamental disagreements' with Brown

I see that Darling has confirmed what we all knew about the last days of the Labour government, Brown was unstable and Balls was plotting in the background.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Things that are already known don't sell many books.

What I want to know if it was Darling's idea (I think) to remove CGT taper relief that was introduced by Brown

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Things that are already known don't sell many books.
      I'm finding the leaks interesting enough to have pre-ordered the book (today)

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        I'm finding the leaks interesting enough to have pre-ordered the book (today)

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
          BBC News - Darling tells of 'fundamental disagreements' with Brown

I see that Darling has confirmed what we all knew about the last days of the Labour government, Brown was unstable and Balls was plotting in the background.
          Here's the view from planet Zog:

Comment, stan howard, 9 Hours ago

gordon brown was right, the guy described is exactly the kind of no nonsense leader you want. darling damaged this county imeasurably by letting the cat out of the bag before we had the chance to claw quite a bit of it back. brown should have sacked him the. there would be continual crises when the leader was gettting stabbed in the back by so called labour politicians, brown has been dignified.

Comment

Brown Balls Darling? Sounds like an episode of "Shag my wife please!"
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Brown Balls Darling? Sounds like an episode of "Shag my wife please!"
              I thought that was his private school nick-name?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I thought that was his private school nick-name?
                It's his Trotskyist International Marxist Group nickname, surely?
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                X