• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This fecked up world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fecked up world

The guy on the train is Russian immigrant in Germany, he invented cheap way to dodge fair on high speed train -- he used some vacuum sucking device to get himself attached to the window!!!

He is unemployed electrician (don't they have shortage of those there too?) and on benefits for 2 years, designed this way to avoid having to pay fare.

I suppose he thought no-one would notice

Comment

I saw this piece on German news.
      Its a new craze apparently ICE surfing. (Inter City Express).
      They have been surfing the other trains for a while, one or two killed, but the ICE is harder due to the slope, hence the sucker pad. The sucker pad is like the ones glaziers use.

These guys are mad, but it looked like a lot of fun.

Comment

I don't know about a fecked up world (more than likely given the yanks are running the show), but this once fair nation is certainly fecked.
        The entire character of this country has changed, and not for the better. We used to be famous for our reserved dignity, sense of fair play, politeness and the quality of our engineering -now what do we have? Tony Blair, Big Brother, yobbos and outsourcing.

Comment

TB

Tony Blair keeps his place for 2 big reasons:
          1) the opposition is just sh1te
          2) he was (it mostly worn out now) pretty charismatic

Comment

Re: TB

he was (it mostly worn out now) pretty charismatic
            Style over substance. It's pretty sad when our leaders are chosen because of their winning smile and ability to kiss babies. Charisma should have little to do with it.

Comment

charisma

> Style over substance.

Charisma and populism have been determining factors pretty much always.

Brown Gordon is not charismatic, so it might give chance to the opposition.

Comment

> I suppose he thought no-one would notice

This must sound silly, but wouldn't the train driver notice? I mean, someone literally stuck to the front window leering in at him like that annoying singing frog wouldn't exactly be inconspicuous.

Comment

Re: charisma

Some local chavs back home were train surfing when one fell off and lost his legs

Comment

stuck to the front window
                    I think you will find he is stuck to the rear window.

I doubt you could physically hang on on the front at full speed.

Comment

Working...
                    X