• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outdoor Furniture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Furniture

Missus and I are very tempted on some garden furniture. Have seen a very nice teak 8 seater table with matching chairs.

It will need to stay out all the year round though, are there any types of wood more amenable to this than others?

I have to say, there are some real bargains out there and I want to fill my boots.

I've been on the West Country garden centre scene for over 15 years and, in all that time, I've never seen prices slashed so drastically.

We've got teak garden furniture and we cover it with a tarpaulin every winter. We also oil it with teak oil before and after storing and it's just as nice as when we first bought it (and we've had it for years).

I know they say you can leave it out in all weather but as it's not being used during the winter it just seems pointless when a plastic tarpaulin is about a tenner.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      I've been on the West Country garden centre scene for over 15 years and, in all that time, I've never seen prices slashed so drastically.
      Fookin hell, you have been cultivating this sockie for that long?

Comment

In the market for a decent 6 seater picnic table, one of sturdy build, not like the ones you get in B&Q which look like they came out of the same factory as the 1 pound balsa wood gliders.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
          Missus and I are very tempted on some garden furniture. Have seen a very nice teak 8 seater table with matching chairs.
          What's the point? You'd need to have 6 friends to make it worthwhile.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I am currently making garden furniture of my own having recently had 2 Oaks and a Mulberry tree felled. Not as easy as it looks, and Oak is a bloody sight heavier than you might think, however so far so good.
            Looks like I may have to upgrade my chainsaw though. Anyone got any recommendations? I have had a "Mitox 4518" bigged up, but not sure of it really.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              What's the point? You'd need to have 6 friends to make it worthwhile.

You seen the size of her arse? We only need 3 friends!

(Actually she ran the glasgow half marathon yesterday and I will be sleeping in the shed if she ever sees this)

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                You seen the size of her arse? We only need 3 friends!

(Actually she ran the glasgow half marathon yesterday and I will be sleeping in the shed if she ever sees this)
                It'll be our secret!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Looks like I may have to upgrade my chainsaw though. Anyone got any recommendations?
                  Has to be STIHL for chainsaws IMO. They're the best around. Had mine for a few years now, and bought it to fell a small woods about 1/3 acre and never missed a beat, just reguarly service it and replace the chain every so often.

Incidentally, has anyone see the Stihl Timbersports event they have on every year? Crazy sport!! It's just full of power crazed, chainsaw yielding maniacs seeing how fast they can saw through a tree. Bonkers!

Comment

Got a Stihl 28 incher. It's the business but not good for arial work as it's too heavy for precarious one handed operations.

Comment

Working...
                    X