• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Boom

100% home loans make a comeback: Three years after the crunch, bank lures buyers | Mail Online

Fill yer boots!

I'll have 1000 BTL please. No problem, that will be no pounds deposit. Okay here you go.

Kerrrchinng!

What could possibly go wrong with this? Glad to see the world has learned from the Credit Crunch™ If there is such a thing.

Looks like I might be needing one of those soon

Comment

I thought Vince was going to outlaw that?

If you can't save at least 10% of a house price you can't afford the house.

Daft mortgages are going to handcuff interest rates even longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

If you can't save at least 10% of a house price you can't afford the house.

Daft mortgages are going to handcuff interest rates even longer.
        You can't lose, as no money down.

The bank can't lose, as the tax payer will bail them out.

EVERYONE IS A WINNER. IT'S LIKE FREE MONEY FOR EVERYONE!

Comment

Just need 'them' to implement a similar system to the USA, where you can walk away from a property in negative equity without having to pay the shortfall.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Just need 'them' to implement a similar system to the USA, where you can walk away from a property in negative equity without having to pay the shortfall.
            That would be a nice touch.

Either your BTL "portfolio" makes you a property billionaire, or you walk away scott free.

All underwritten by UK PLC.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              That would be a nice touch.

Either your BTL "portfolio" makes you a property billionaire, or you walk away scott free.

All underwritten by UK PLC.

But the current system means they can stay put and have their houses paid for by pensioners and savers, and coincidentally means bankers get big bonuses too. Surely that's fairer?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Vince keeps pressing the banks to lend more money.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Vince keeps pressing the banks to lend more money.
                  That's lending to business. That's his job isn't it? I thought he told them to tighten up mortgage qualification.

Comment

Working...
                  X