• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Arrest in cash for honours scandal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrest in cash for honours scandal

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/d...rs_scandal.php

A 60-YEAR-OLD man has been arrested in relations to the cash for honours scandal.

Scotland Yard said the man was arrested this morning in the borough of Redbridge in east London.

The man, who police said was not a MP, was arrested for an offence under the Honours (Prevention of Abuses) Act 1925.

Last week the MET said it had received four complaints about the Labour Party under section 1(1) of the Act.

An inquiry launched after a complaint by Scottish and Welsh nationalist MPs.

What, Tony Blair is 60?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

I'd bet my day rate that he turns out to be a civil servant. Probably the schmuck whose job it was to sort out who got the honours from a list of "suitable" candidates.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
    X