• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That there BBC4 programme about the Regency Period

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That there BBC4 programme about the Regency Period

Last evening's exstravaganza started with "Classical Gas" as background music, deftly segued into a bit of Hawkwind (I think), followed by lots of Pink Floyd, most obviously "Wish You Were Here".

Once it stopped playing tunes that I knew, I fell asleep, as I usually due when "watching" documentaries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0144nvh
    Last edited by zeitghost; 6 September 2011, 13:42.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Last evening's exstravaganza started with "Classical Gas" as background music, deftly segued into a bit of Hawkwind (I think), followed by lots of Pink Floyd, most obviously "Wish You Were Here".

Once it stopped playing tunes that I knew, I fell asleep, as I usually due when "watching" documentaries.

BBC - BBC Four Programmes - Elegance and Decadence: The Age of the Regency
    The Hawkwind bit was Space Is Deep...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Was the Regency Period in the seventies? Well blow me down.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        That was your starter for 10, now what was the other bit of Pink Floyd other than "Wish You Were Here"?
        Don't know, never saw the program.

Used my Orgasmatron to get the HW reference (actually it was on another list)
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Don't know, never saw the program.
          Watch on iPlayer preferably at night when you want to go to sleep.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X