• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Celebrity Apprentice - USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity Apprentice - USA

If you haven't had a chance to watch, the US Celebrity Apprentice has pissed over the piss poor BBC Alan Sugar attempt in terms of wit, aggression and overall American ballsiness.

US All American, Awww Shucks Trace Atkins goes up against evil, pithy, nasty ass Piers Morgan.

If you haven't checked out this series then you have missed an absolute treat.

The final is here.

BBC - BBC One Programmes - The Celebrity Apprentice USA

I wonder who wins????
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Two words in the title of this programme put me off from tuning in:

Celebrity

&

USA

I will avoid thanks.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

I saw one episode and it was larger than life, in ways more than one*. In that episode the men's team disregarded professional advice and used Lenox to advertise something, and used a singer to narrate, and won hands down.

* the aspect ratio made everyone look short and stumpy. They all looked like sumo wrestlers, including the women. Do you guy bother changing the aspect ratio on your TV when this happens (which might add another distortion, or cut off extremities)? I sometimes don't bother upsetting things and leave it as is, and since I usually watch from a recorded, have a choice of whether to change the PVR's aspect ratio or the TV's.

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
        Two words in the title of this programme put me off from tuning in:

Celebrity & USA

I will avoid thanks.
        Aye, not really the same thing as Sugar's show. They did a special celebrity one over here too, at Christmas I think but I'm not sure.

The proper UK one is about as entertaining as you can get while keeping it as a serious contest.

Comment

I was in that!!!

Happened to be in the US when I was accosted by Piers Morgan to buy a Champ Sandwich. Watched the episode I appear for all of about 3 seconds walking towards the shop with Piers Morgan pointing.

Famous me!

Comment

It's about 5 years old though...
            "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
              It's about 5 years old though...
              2008. Series 7. Wow I thought it was recent.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
              X