• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bristol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bristol

Here we are again... new contract and back in Bristol

Swindon lights twinkling as I drive along the M4

Arranged Tues - Thursday on site fully expensed & work from home Mon & Fri

But it's still Bristol....
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Nowt wrong with Brizzo. I will be moving back down there myself in a couple of years, I think it's great there.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

You contracted much in Bristol before? How long since you were there last? WMPS - it is a brilliant city. I moved out of Bristol four years ago and would happily move back there!

Well done on the new contract BTW

Comment

It's pronounced Brizzil and consists of people who say 'ooo ahhh' a lot. It's like a rich mans Norfolk.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I contracted (C#) for a bit in Bristol, yes that made me qualify for CUK board membership and the dirt I got on admin there keeps me from being banned ever since

Comment

Did the Brizzle thing for 18 months (2006/7 I think), Monday to Thursday, with Fridays WFH.

Quite liked the place. Plenty of good places to eat, decent pubs and not bad 'gentlemans entertainment'.

Only downside was the ******* Marriot.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I contracted in Bristol at OD2 (which was bought by Loudeye, which was then bought be Nokia). I likes it there.

Comment

I can vouch for Bristol too.

Comment

At least its close to Wales...
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I was at Orange for several months back in c 2000, at Aztec Plaza near the motorway.

Stayed in a grotty house, and didn't go out much.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X