Troll
7th September 2011, 19:17
Here we are again... new contract and back in Bristol

Swindon lights twinkling as I drive along the M4

Arranged Tues - Thursday on site fully expensed & work from home Mon & Fri :D

But it's still Bristol....:ohwell

MaryPoppins
7th September 2011, 21:14
Nowt wrong with Brizzo. I will be moving back down there myself in a couple of years, I think it's great there.

administrator
7th September 2011, 21:17
You contracted much in Bristol before? How long since you were there last? WMPS - it is a brilliant city. I moved out of Bristol four years ago and would happily move back there!

Well done on the new contract BTW :banana:

MarillionFan
7th September 2011, 21:19
It's pronounced Brizzil and consists of people who say 'ooo ahhh' a lot. It's like a rich mans Norfolk.

AtW
7th September 2011, 21:37
I contracted (C#) for a bit in Bristol, yes that made me qualify for CUK board membership and the dirt I got on admin there keeps me from being banned ever since :smokin

TestMangler
7th September 2011, 21:43
Did the Brizzle thing for 18 months (2006/7 I think), Monday to Thursday, with Fridays WFH.

Quite liked the place. Plenty of good places to eat, decent pubs and not bad 'gentlemans entertainment'.

Only downside was the ******** Marriot.

DimPrawn
7th September 2011, 21:46
I contracted in Bristol at OD2 (which was bought by Loudeye, which was then bought be Nokia). I likes it there.

TimberWolf
7th September 2011, 21:52
I can vouch for Bristol too.

psychocandy
8th September 2011, 09:48
At least its close to Wales...

OwlHoot
8th September 2011, 09:50
I was at Orange for several months back in c 2000, at Aztec Plaza near the motorway.

Stayed in a grotty house, and didn't go out much. :eyes

SimonMac
8th September 2011, 09:51
I'd give my right arm for a contract in Bristol at the moment, would be nice to be working near the kids again

gingerjedi
8th September 2011, 10:08
Bristol is gert lush, this may help: Dictionary Sampler (http://www.thatbebristle.co.uk/dictionary/)

Having worked in 'The Diff' for the past 6 months I'm noticing how similar it is to Bristol, no bad thing.

doodab
8th September 2011, 10:16
Bristol is gert lush

That'll be right, my lover.

I went to uni there. It's a nice place as long as you stay out of the dodgy bits.

gingerjedi
8th September 2011, 10:22
That'll be right, my lover.

I went to uni there. It's a nice place as long as you stay out of the dodgy bits.

That applies to every town or city in the UK, I was surprised how shity some parts of Cheltenham are when I worked there.

doodab
8th September 2011, 10:23
That applies to every town or city in the UK, I was surprised how tulipy some parts of Cheltenham are when I worked there.

No it doesn't. There are plenty of towns that aren't very nice places whether you stay out of the dodgy bits or not.

redgiant
8th September 2011, 10:33
That applies to every town or city in the UK, I was surprised how tulipy some parts of Cheltenham are when I worked there.

Hester's Way / Princess Elizabeth Drive is one of the largest council estates in the UK - hasn't aged well.

St. Paul's is full of students and is a bit run down.

Waddon is where Cheltenham Town play is and is best avoided - even if you are a fan :)

Rest of the town is fine.

Like you say all towns are like this.

TimberWolf
8th September 2011, 10:37
Bristol is gert lush, this may help: Dictionary Sampler (http://www.thatbebristle.co.uk/dictionary/)

Having worked in 'The Diff' for the past 6 months I'm noticing how similar it is to Bristol, no bad thing.

Dint elp as thur int a reverse dictionry look-up.

malvolio
8th September 2011, 11:25
Well if thee cassen spik proper Bristle, thou's no chance, young 'un, sno?

It's also why America got it's name. Cabot's men were right teed off after 6 weeks in the Atlantic. When the guy in the Crow's Nest shouted "Land ahoy" they all rushed to the rail shouting "Land! It's a Miracle"... :igmc:

Great place. Bath's better though...

TimberWolf
8th September 2011, 11:42
Well if thee cassen spik proper Bristle, thou's no chance, young 'un, sno?

It's also why America got it's name. Cabot's men were right teed off after 6 weeks in the Atlantic. When the guy in the Crow's Nest shouted "Land ahoy" they all rushed to the rail shouting "Land! It's a Miracle"... :igmc:

Great place. Bath's better though...

I knew a guy who claimed he could tell which area of Bricgstowe someone was from [or to] by their accent. He could also tell from the first few digits of a telephone number, which was less impressive.

Slightly different version of events here: The Naming of America (http://www.uhmc.sunysb.edu/surgery/broome.html)

William Penn also buried there.

gingerjedi
8th September 2011, 11:55

Cardiff

As in 'I luvs the diff I does'.

You knows it!

malvolio
8th September 2011, 11:56
I knew a guy who claimed he could tell which area of Bricgstowe someone was from [or to] by their accent.

Entirely believable. It's still several small villages held together by roads. Even I can get the difference between North and South, and I'm Welsh.

Slightly different version of events here: The Naming of America (http://www.uhmc.sunysb.edu/surgery/broome.html) .

Ah but my reference is Fred Wedlock, so I must be right.