• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freeview!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeview!

As of today, five channels in glorious standard definition. The future is now!

(I've had Sky for nearly 8 years, so it's somewhat redundant).
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

You've only just been able to receive Freeview? No wonder you had to get Sky. I hope you're cured now.

Just wait until you get Dave, etc. Not enough time in the day (or night) to watch it all.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Just wait until you get Dave, etc. Not enough time in the day (or night) to watch it all.
      It gets repeated ad nauseam anyway.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        See above, Re: nearly 8 years.

Actually it's 7 channels. I forgot BBC Parliament, and "301" whatever that is.

I thought the plan was to switch off BBC2, and then replace it with a digital multiplex with the main four analogue channels. But what I have is the BBC multiplex, which means anybody else in switchover limbo has to switch between analogue and digital to view the four channels they had before.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          See above, Re: nearly 8 years.

Actually it's 7 channels. I forgot BBC Parliament, and "301" whatever that is.
          One of the "red button" channels.

I use to have IPTV and didn't have access to the red button then one day found all the red button channels - and there was nothing on.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            One of the "red button" channels.

I use to have IPTV and didn't have access to the red button then one day found all the red button channels - and there was nothing on.
            First time I ever heard them saying 'If you have the red button on your remote, press it now', I did it, and it switched the ******* TV off......
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Red button is mostly only of interest to sports fans... during something like Wimbledon they can only show 1 or 2 matches on BBC 1/2 but on red button you can pick virtually any court. Similar with world cup.

Sometimes they show a video feed from Radio1 too - maybe other radio also. It's a great opportunity but not really used that well.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                First time I ever heard them saying 'If you have the red button on your remote, press it now', I did it, and it switched the ******* TV off......
                Wibble

Comment

The wife and I are also giving up on Satellite and there's no cable where we live either. What freeview+ box do people recommend, I'd like something that can record.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    The wife and I are also giving up on Satellite and there's no cable where we live either. What freeview+ box do people recommend, I'd like something that can record.
                    Most PVR's have Freeview built in, even my cheap one. I don't get High Definition channels on my old unit though.

Comment

Working...
                    X