• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not tonight - Josephene....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not tonight - Josephene....

The 51-year-old man was fined under article 215 of France’s civil code, which states married couples must agree to a “shared communal life”.

A judge has now ruled that this law implies that “sexual relations must form part of a marriage”.

The rare legal decision came after the wife filed for divorce two years ago, blaming the break-up on her husband’s lack of activity in the bedroom.

A judge in Nice, southern France, then granted the divorce and ruled the husband named only as Jean-Louis B. was solely responsible for the split.

But the 47-year-old ex-wife then took him back to court demanding 10,000 euros in compensation for “lack of sex over 21 years of marriage”.

The ex-husband claimed “tiredness and health problems” had prevented him from being more attentive between the sheets.

But a judge in the south of France’s highest court in Aix-en-Provence ruled: “A sexual relationship between husband and wife is the expression of affection they have for each other, and in this case it was absent.

“By getting married, couples agree to sharing their life and this clearly implies they will have sex with each other.”
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 7 September 2011, 21:56.

Perhaps he considered it is small price for not having to have sex with her?

But it sounds like marriage is being defined as prostitution.

Comment

Is it not the same in the UK? Grounds for a divorce are not consummating the marriage?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        But a judge in the south of France’s highest court in Aix-en-Provence ruled: “A sexual relationship between husband and wife is the expression of affection they have for each other”
        Sounds like either the judge is not married, or in a pretty shallow marriage. Presumably all those happy couples in their 80s who have been married half a century are loveless unions in his eyes.
        What a berk.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Is it not the same in the UK? Grounds for a divorce are not consummating the marriage?
          Possibly no sex would be considered "unreasonable behaviour" and therefore grounds for divorce, although why it would take 21 years to realise it was a problem I'm not sure. I don't think the divorce was the point of the story, it was the 10K compensation.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            Possibly no sex would be considered "unreasonable behaviour" and therefore grounds for divorce, although why it would take 21 years to realise it was a problem I'm not sure. I don't think the divorce was the point of the story, it was the 10K compensation.
            She must have used every excuse in the book! <If that doesn't make sense, I haven't read the article>

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              She must have used every excuse in the book! <If that doesn't make sense, I haven't read the article>
              Actually, it was him:

"The ex-husband claimed “tiredness and health problems” had prevented him from being more attentive between the sheets."

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Sounds like either the judge is not married, or in a pretty shallow marriage. Or is French.
                FTFY
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                X