• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob cannot understand Jean Claude

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob cannot understand Jean Claude

Fantastic! I asked two developers on a project to talk to each other over the best way to do some design work. Our Belgian colleague has a strong accent and is the expert on what he does. Our offshore 'cheap' resource is supposed to be asking him questions and doing the leg work. But,

"Hi MF , I'm striving conversing with Jean Claude, my ear is not adept with his accent I think.

Can you please set the meeting among the three of us to help pls?

Kind regards,

Bob"

Communication issues. What communication issues?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Fantastic! I asked two developers on a project to talk to each other over the best way to do some design work. Our Belgian colleague has a strong accent and is the expert on what he does. Our offshore 'cheap' resource is supposed to be asking him questions and doing the leg work. But,

"Hi MF , I'm striving conversing with Jean Claude, my ear is not adept with his accent I think.

Kind regards,

Bob"

I hope you are going to do the needful, today morning !
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Make sure you use a lot of slang in the meeting.

Jean will understand you especially if he has watched any British comedies but Bob won't.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Make sure you use a lot of slang in the meeting.

Jean will understand you especially if he has watched any British comedies but Bob won't.
        'Allo 'Allo springs immediately to mind and could be the source of months of amusement

Comment

Kind regards,

Bob"

Basically you are to be a human 'Babel Fish".

Mind you, it could be fun if you put on a comedy Scottish accent.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Has Bob ever heard you speak?

if not a Scottish or Welsh accent sounds like a master stroke.

Prime JC first.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I suggest you go to JC and say something like:

"Hi Jean Claude , I'm striving conversing with Bob, my ear is not adept with his accent I think.

Can you please act as a conduit for all communication between the 3 of us to help pls?"

Comment

We've got Bob and Henk talking to each other here, they don't understand each other and I don't understand either of them. Correction; I understand Henk when he speaks Dutch.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I asked Bob this morning; why don't Indian IT companies send their people on courses to speak English clearly?

Answer; 'because there are more people speak Indian English than your English English so you must adapt to us (head wobble)'

Great; client must adapt his language to supplier. Remind me; what business school did you attend Bob?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm going to add the Saffer devloper into the call as well. Just for a laugh.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X