• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Un-believable discounts at Halfords Autocentre (Nationwide) on MOT for AA members.!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Un-believable discounts at Halfords Autocentre (Nationwide) on MOT for AA members.!!

You will not believe this...What AA members are getting from Half**ds Autocentre (Nationwide) ...!!

If you are NOT AA member MOT cost - £ 27.42
    If you claim to be a AA member MOT cost (after 'discount' ) - £ 36.75

Woooooooow...!! .......Un-believable........!!

So you get the cheap option and then pay 500 pounds for unnecessary repairs, or pay 10 pounds more for the AA option and then pay 490 pounds for unnecessary repairs. They're all bloody conmen anyway.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Why does a contractor have a car that requires an M.O.T. ?
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        I have a car that requires an MOT as a cost cutting measure introduced during the 2008-9 banking crisis. I 'downgraded' from a new Peugeot which kept breaking down to a 5 year old Benz E-Class and have decided I'll probably drive it until it dies, quite simply because I like it and it doesn't keep breaking down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I have a car that requires an MOT as a cost cutting measure introduced during the 2008-9 banking crisis. I 'downgraded' from a new Peugeot which kept breaking down to a 5 year old Benz E-Class and have decided I'll probably drive it until it dies, quite simply because I like it and it doesn't keep breaking down.
          That's all very well, but doesn't the butler organise the MOT ?

HTH

DimPrawn
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

"Bangernomics".
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

That's all very well, but doesn't the butler organise the MOT ?

HTH

DimPrawn
              No, I wouldn't let anyone else drive my contractormobile, especially not the butler after he's been polishing the silver.

Comment

To go to the client site. To make sure that all the permies over there are not jealous of the leisure cars that are owned by contractors.

HTH.
                Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  he's been polishing the silver.
                  Is that a euphemism? You lazy sod!
                  Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

I have 2 cars and neither are any good. The one I use down here is an old pug 206 that I bought off my cousin for £400 14 months ago. So far its cost me £140 for repairs to the brakes and the cost of a MOT and that's pretty much it. It looks sh1t and nicely lowers the tone at Beaconsfield train station where it lives.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X