• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winter on it's way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter on it's way

brace yourself looks like it could be a freak cold winter:

Forecaster Predicts Early Winter Snowfall For Ireland And UK - Irish Weather Online

On the positive side the Met office is predicting a mild winter with above average temperatures.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    On the positive side the Met office is predicting a mild winter with above average temperatures.
    The Met said that last year too.

Comment

Luckily I have a jumper.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Luckily I have a jumper.
        I bought a nice new coat at the weekend. Very warm and very smart indeed.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I can't decide whether to buy a nice thick insulated "environmental layer" (the outer one) or go with the oft recommended layering system, which suggests having a thin water resistant, breathable environmental layer, layered insulating layers, plus a base layer and is probably cheaper. What I'd really like is a full length outer layer rather than a jacket that stops at yer hips, but fashion dictates only women can have those.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I can't decide whether to buy a nice thick insulated "environmental layer" (the outer one) or go with the oft recommended layering system, which suggests having a thin water resistant, breathable environmental layer, layered insulating layers, plus a base layer and is probably cheaper. What I'd really like is a full length outer layer rather than a jacket that stops at yer hips, but fashion dictates only women can have those.
            Layers for warmth. As for fashion, I know nothing about such matters and couldn't really give a tulip.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Local authority offering cavity wall insulation for £75. Got chap coming next week for a survey.

Comment

Had my first "can't get to work cause the ferries are off" day of the year yesterday.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Layering is a good way to control ones temperature. Removing a layer or simply unzipping at the neck can change ones comfort quite quickly. It is a bit pointless if you are not in a constantly changing environment. If you step out of a warm house to a cold street then into a warm office then 1 outer layer makes much more sense.
                  Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

The highest temperature recorded this summer was 25.5°C at Oak Park, Co. Carlow on the 3rd of June.
                    Is that really the hottest it got in the UK this year? May was quite hot for a couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                    X