• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Very little media coverage on this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very little media coverage on this?

BBC News - Israeli anger over cost of living sparks mass protest

People are getting fed up with inflation, and I'm not talking about the Mickey Mouse figures the govt are peddling.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    BBC News - Israeli anger over cost of living sparks mass protest

People are getting fed up with inflation, and I'm not talking about the Mickey Mouse figures the govt are peddling.
    There as been massive coverage of this on international channels. It has gone on for well over a month now. I am not surprised the coverage is sparse on the BBC because the Director General is a member of Friends of Israel and his wife runs a media company that makes press releases for the Israel government.

The protests are not just over the cost of living but also about new migrants from Africa, the lack of jobs, and the cost of the war with Gaza.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It was a regular item last weekend on BBC News 24, what more is there to say? Should they keep showing it over and over?
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        the Director General is a member of Friends of Israel and his wife runs a media company that makes press releases for the Israel government.
        You need to check in with a good doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          It was a regular item last weekend on BBC News 24, what more is there to say? Should they keep showing it over and over?
          Well, no mention of it in the Daily Mail.

However.....Important political news is being covered...

Boris Johnson and David Cameron take their rivalry on to the court as they compete at wheelchair tennis | Mail Online

Comment

IMF calls for global action:

BBC News - IMF chief Lagarde urges global action as G7 meet

Maybe they'll do a global debt jubilee.

Oh, just remembered, I don't have any debts.

May as well buy a Ferrari, drive it for a year, then sell on at a profit, seeing as inflation is only heading one way.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              There as been massive coverage of this on international channels. It has gone on for well over a month now. I am not surprised the coverage is sparse on the BBC because the Director General is a member of Friends of Israel and his wife runs a media company that makes press releases for the Israel government.

The protests are not just over the cost of living but also about new migrants from Africa, the lack of jobs, and the cost of the war with Gaza.
              Any link(s) to this Paddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Any link(s) to this Paddy?
                This does not show everything but I will fish some out tonight

Mark Thompson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mark John Thompson. He is the highest paid employee of any public-sector organisation in the UK earning between £800,000 and £900,000 per year. Thompson lives in Oxford with his American Jewish wife Jane Blumberg (daughter of Baruch Samuel Blumberg) whom he married in 1987

Thompson was appointed Director-General on 21 May 2004/ He succeeded Greg Dyke, who resigned on 29 January 2004 in the aftermath of the Hutton Inquiry
                (Greg Dyke was later vindicated and should not have resigned)

A number of commentators have suggested that Thompson has a pro-Israeli editorial stance, particularly since he supported the controversial decision by the BBC not to broadcast the DEC Gaza appeal in January 2009.[18] Complaints to the BBC, numbering nearly 16,000, about the decision were directed to a statement by Thompson.

Thompson went to Israel in 2005 and signed a deal with prime minister Ariel Sharon on the BBC's coverage of the conflict.
                And more...

Peter Oborne on Britain's pro-Israel lobby: 'Friends in High Places'
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Paddy, are you suggesting to legally forbid Jews to be married to BBC directors or do any paid work for Israeli Government?

If you have evidence that Director of BBC suppressed information from Israel then by all means provide it.

Comment

Working...
                  X