• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government e-petitions a big fat farce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government e-petitions a big fat farce

Gov says it has no time for 100,000+ signature e-petitions ? The Register

The e-petitions website lets the public start a campaign and invite people to sign to support it. Once signatures go over 100,000 the issue is supposed to be debated by the House.

Unfortunately, the group that is supposed to get a chance to discuss the issue is complaining that the government hasn't given it any extra time to deal with e-petitions.

Even with the e-petition hitting its target, the committee doesn't have the authority to schedule a debate unless an MP tells them they want to take part in it. "No members of Parliament have yet come to ask us for a debate on an e-petition"
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Should we start an e-petition to stop e-petitions?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Government a big fat farce
      FTFY
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        FTFY
        WHS.

All the main parties are s

Comment

Where's the surprise? Govermin are only interested in people's opinions when it comes to voting them back into their jobs time.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The government is representing the will of the people. Millions of people are clearly against this petition, otherwise they would have signed it. We can't allow the will of a disaffected minority go against the will of the majority. Hence, this petition is denied. The people have spoken.

very very quietly.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You could make money selling that to Cameron for his next speech on the subject.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Personally I would like the government not to be constantly debating the death sentence reintroduction at the whim of 100,000 angry people.

Stupid idea in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  You could make money selling that to Cameron for his next speech on the subject.
                  They wouldn't pay, falsify some documents to claim it was prior art and then threaten to sue you.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Personally I would like the government not to be constantly debating the death sentence reintroduction at the whim of 100,000 angry people.

Stupid idea in the first place.
                    But that's nearly half the population.

AtW
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X