• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DaveB, I got the new bike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DaveB, I got the new bike

Wasn't a Bianchi, got a good deal on this;

Sportieve fietsen Batavus Criterium

Bloody hell that thing makes a difference from anything I've ridden before.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

How do you ride it without pedals?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      You put your own pedals on it, which are paired with your own shoes. Racing bikes are nearly always sold without pedals.

Comment

Oh, they bike trade sure know how to milk their customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Wasn't a Bianchi, got a good deal on this;

Sportieve fietsen Batavus Criterium

Bloody hell that thing makes a difference from anything I've ridden before.
          Nice

Told you it would be faster than that old Pug!

Now go find some proper hills to ride it up and you'll really see the difference
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Looks nice. I should get out on mine a bit more, I haven't ridden any of them since I came back to the UK.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You put your own pedals on it, which are paired with your own shoes. Racing bikes are nearly always sold without pedals.
              WMTTS

Oh, they bike trade sure know how to milk their customers.
              WTWS

And thats just on the standard stuff.

Start going for the pro level carbon gear and you can blow the price of a small car on a bike and 2-3 grand on a set of wheels.

Comment

I've ridden it twice now (at the weekend) and am looking forward to getting home this evening and riding again; have been sleeping close to clientco all week. First sprint on that thing was a completely new experience.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Start going for the pro level carbon gear and you can blow the price of a small car on a bike and 2-3 grand on a set of wheels.
                  Yeah, and if you're not a top level racer it's not worth bothering with that stuff.

Comment

Yeah, and if you're not a top level racer it's not worth bothering with that stuff.
                    But there are still enough club riders out there who think they are and will spend the money. Just read some of the cycling magazines and the adverts they carry.

Comment

Working...
                    X