• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Risky building purchase from a dodgy website ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risky building purchase from a dodgy website ?

So for only .98p it's a great deal however they haven't delivered it after 9 days, plus when you contact their free phone number it goes straight to O2 voicemail.
    They haven't charged for delivery, esp considering the size of the goods that I ordered and they dont respond to emails, the site claims to have over 600 centres across the UK,. yet it doesn't look like a big website ?

The worse part is I had to transfer the payment via BACS, does anyone know how I could find out of this is a con website, because I beleive I have been screwed.

MF6A Perimeter Channel x25 quantity

Before you start raving on about why did you make a payment via BACS, well the builders suggested I order this 1 part from them since apparently they used them before, luckily it was only 30pounds.

Anyway any suggestions on figuring out how to contact them or confirm they are screwing customers, if at all?

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/78...98/compdetails not sure if the company number really corrasponds to the website address
    Last edited by trsisko; 10 September 2011, 09:54. Reason: added companies house

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
    So for only .98p it's a great deal however they haven't delivered it after 9 days, plus when you contact their free phone number it goes straight to O2 voicemail.
    They haven't charged for delivery, esp considering the size of the goods that I ordered and they dont respond to emails, the site claims to have over 600 centres across the UK,. yet it doesn't look like a big website ?

The worse part is I had to transfer the payment via BACS, does anyone know how I could find out of this is a con website, because I beleive I have been screwed.

MF6A Perimeter Channel x25 quantity

Before you start raving on about why did you make a payment via BACS, well the builders suggested I order this 1 part from them since apparently they used them before, luckily it was only 30pounds.

Anyway any suggestions on figuring out how to contact them or confirm they are screwing customers, if at all?

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information not sure if the company number really corrasponds to the website address
    Your posted thread is badly written and convoluted however, from what I can make out; you have purchased building materials from a website and not received them.

As an IT person you should know about website regulations and distant selling regulations. I would have never purchased anything from that website because it does not conform to either. The obvious on is that it does not display a trading address.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Why not try contacting ekmPowershop and point out that one of their customers may be using their package for nefarious purposes? (ekmpowershop may even be jointly, although presumably unwittingly, liable if they are hosting this site and it is dodgy.)
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post

While this will not get your money back, report any dodgy websites to Action Fraud adding in the relevant whois information for the domain.

The whois information for the domain is:

Domain name:
        buildshop.ltd.uk

Registrant:
        BuildShop Ltd

Trading as:
        BuildShop Ltd

Registrant type:
        UK Limited Company, (Company number: 7626722)

Registrant's address:
        Boat House
        Outram Road
        Bognor Regis
        West Sussex
        PO22 7AL
        United Kingdom
        Last edited by SueEllen; 10 September 2011, 10:31.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

From Companies House:-

Name & Registered Office:
          BUILDSHOP LTD
          BOAT HOUSE
          OUTRAM ROAD
          BOGNOR REGIS
          UNITED KINGDOM
          PO22 7AL
          Company No. 07626722

Date of Incorporation: 09/05/2011

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
          Company Type: Private Limited Company
          Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
          None Supplied
          Accounting Reference Date: 31/05
          Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
          Next Accounts Due: 09/02/2013
          Last Return Made Up To:
          Next Return Due: 06/06/2012

Comment

Im confused to how much the OP has spent 98p or £30?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just a thought - some smaller builders merchants don't open on the weekends. (I discovered this when I had to get a timer from a plumbers merchant but luckily they opened to 8pm in the week. ) So I would call again on Monday.

Plus while Companies should know about their requirements to put their address on websites etc, even people on have had company websites without that information until I've pulled them up on it.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                No, it was .98p. Almost a whole penny!

Also, from the name the thread I was expecting him to say he'd bought a house on the web
                Last edited by Bunk; 10 September 2011, 10:50.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  ...he said .98p that is about 1/10 of a penny.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    No, it was .98p. Almost a whole penny!
                    Full legal team and crown court then. Don't let these bastards get away with it.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X