• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twenty four slaves rescued...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twenty four slaves rescued...

could only happen in England eh?

Lemme guess, eastern european caucasian girls promised waitress jobs in the UK, to only then be beaten and raped by albanian pimps?

If so, I am glad they are cracking down on the pimp ring. It's disgusting slavery still happens in nearly every country worldwide, even developed ones.

Comment

However, Paul Donohue, a spokesman for Anti-Slavery, pointed out that the sentences handed down in recent cases had been as short as six months. "The campaign goes on," he said. Maev Kennedy
      Leighton Buzzard 'slave' empire uncovered in major police raid | World news | The Guardian
      There's more slaves where they came from.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        There's more slaves where they came from.
        Wow now that is a bit more unique. I know male slavery happens, but sex slavery is far more common form of slavery and what you expect to read. It's good that it has been given some publicity.

Hopefully this will be more ammunition and awakening to mindless coloured racist people, using slavery as a race card. Maybe people will eventually realise people have always been enslaved throughout history regardless of gender or race and always will be.

Out of interest, anyone buying a print of the guardian today, what page did it appear on by the way? I wouldnt imagine in todays society that ignores males rights, that they would give it a front page spot unlike female slavery stories?

Comment

It'll probably be reported in the press under the headline of work-shy jobless go crying to nanny state about pay and conditions, followed by outraged readers commenting that beating and flogged isn't good enough for 'em. Starve 'em back to work demands obese CBI chairman, between peeled grapes and champagne, and calls for more immigrants and a knighthood for the slave masters.

Comment

Wouldnt surprise me in this matriachal society we live in. Most people wont care that men were enslaved or even believe they could be. Most people are unaware of the millions of Irish people of all genders, enslaved during the americas slave trade era and displaced throughout northern africa for instance.

Just like comments a male rape victim I once knew, had received. Some truly horrible comments, with people refusing to believe such a thing could happen to a man or saying horrible things like: "there is no such thing as male rape, admit you enjoyed it". Much in the same way, domestic violence is used as a tool to persecute men as well with people refusing to believe that women nowadays are just as violent, if not moreso than men.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
              Wouldnt surprise me in this matriachal society we live in. Most people wont care that men were enslaved or even believe they could be. Most people are unaware of the millions of Irish people of all genders, enslaved during the americas slave trade era and displaced throughout northern africa for instance.

Just like comments a male rape victim I once knew, had received. Some truly horrible comments, with people refusing to believe such a thing could happen to a man or saying horrible things like: "there is no such thing as male rape, admit you enjoyed it". Much in the same way, domestic violence is used as a tool to persecute men as well with people refusing to believe that women nowadays are just as violent, if not moreso than men.
              What about women, can they rape men too (even if the men are asking for it)?

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post

You have issues. Go and get yourself laid FFS!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I am thinking of applying the business model to the IT contractor industry ....

Oh damn too late
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Funny how all this came out just as they are planning to close down that gypsy site in Basildon, and being hampered by the usual wet liberal hand wringers.

The police have probably kown all about these goings on for ages, but the Home Office told them to save any action for a rainy day ...
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X