• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

so let me get this straight....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so let me get this straight....

... If you cross the North Korean border illegally, you get 12 yrs. hard labour. If you cross the Afghanistan border illegally, you get shot. Two Americans just got eight years for crossing the Iranian border. If you cross the UK border illegally you get a job, a drivers license, food stamps 4 tesco, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education, & a tax free business for 7 yrs ...No wonder we are a country in debt.

Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post
    ... If you cross the North Korean border illegally, you get 12 yrs. hard labour. If you cross the Afghanistan border illegally, you get shot. Two Americans just got eight years for crossing the Iranian border. If you cross the UK border illegally you get a job, a drivers license, food stamps 4 tesco, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education, & a tax free business for 7 yrs ...No wonder we are a country in debt.
    Here is some extra facts to consider:

1) In North Korea population have to eat grass to survive
    2) In Afghanistan life expectancy is 45 years
    3) In Iran people get hang publicly for stuff like "witchcraft"

Question - would you rather live in UK with "lax" border controls or there?

Comment

And if you believe the crap you read in the papers, you get to spend your life brooding resentfully over a load of stuff that isn't true.

It never ceases to amaze me that people take bollocks like this at face value. You probably think it's a really cushy life in prison as well, what with all the free Xboxes and 50 inch plasma TVs convicts are given to help pass the time when it's too rainy to be taken to the seaside at your personal expense

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        And if you believe the crap you read in the papers, you get to spend your life brooding resentfully over a load of stuff that isn't true.

It never ceases to amaze me that people take bollocks like this at face value. You probably think it's a really cushy life in prison as well, what with all the free Xboxes and 50 inch plasma TVs convicts are given to help pass the time when it's too rainy to be taken to the seaside at your personal expense
        Really?!!! XBoxes and 50 inch screens. Bastards!

Human rights state PS3s, Sky Sports and 60 inch tellies. I'd rather be shot.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          What like the Guardian saying the rich are getting richer, having a great time and laughing at people like you?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            What like the Guardian saying the rich are getting richer, having a great time and laughing at people like you?
            That's a bit rich. Everyone knows that having morals puts food on the plate.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post
              No-one gets a drivers license in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Here is some extra facts to consider:

1) In North Korea population have to eat grass to survive
                2) In Afghanistan life expectancy is 45 years
                3) In Iran people get hang publicly for stuff like "witchcraft"

Question - would you rather live in UK with "lax" border controls or there?
                What point are you trying to make? That the better your standard of living the slacker your border controls should be?

I would have put it the other way around myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  What point are you trying to make? That the better your standard of living the slacker your border controls should be?
                  Higher standards of living achieved in the type of Govt that does not shoot people left right and center.

Comment

This isn't facebook so stop copying and pasting status here please
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X