• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting a bit windy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a bit windy

Trees already down outside the house blocking the road and not much more than the usual winds we get in autumn.

Should get the expected 60mph+ winds in a few hours.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Trees already down outside the house blocking the road and not much more than the usual winds we get in autumn.

You're not supposed to get the very high winds as it seems to have hit further south than the Met office guessed.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      You're not supposed to get the very high winds as it seems to have hit further south than the Met office guessed.
      Well it's ******* windy here in Belfast so...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Police at the door telling me the road will be blocked for a couple of hours till they can get it cleared. My wee weather station is recording gusts of 40mph and xcweather.com predicting 60+ by 4pm for this area. BBC radio this morning predicted 70mph+ for later.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Getting windy here (south yorkshire) . Not sure exactly how strong but enough that I had to lean into it to make headway when I went out at lunchtime.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Tis a nice day in the smoke, not too windy at all

Comment

Should blow all that nuclear smoke from France away.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Still as a summer evening where I am. The only breeze is from the odd person walking past to fast.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

In Zürich 20 odd degrees no wind and not a cloud in the sky.

I will be off to the outdoor pool later.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

..My wee weather station is recording gusts of 40mph ...
                    wee weather station? I thought they used anemometers to measure wind speed, not the displacement of flow of urine

Comment

Working...
                    X