• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: 8 out of ten tempted to vote for BNP...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear: 8 out of ten tempted to vote for BNP...

"In a sensational claim, Margaret Hodge, one of Tony Blair's closest allies, said that eight out of 10 white people in her east London constituency of Barking are threatening to vote for the far-Right party in next month's local elections. Once traditional Labour supporters are angry at a lack of affordable housing - and blame immigration, and Labour, for the changes."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../16/nbnp16.xml

Well it could be worse, 8 out ten could be thinking of voting NL in at the next election.

Funny how it only becomes an issue when her seat is on the line. Maybe if NL listened in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
      Once traditional Labour supporters are angry at a lack of affordable housing
      Well, its either high house prices and people can load up on cheap debt, or low house prices.

Comment

This is bollocks, a lie put out by New Labour shortly before local elections to scare people into voting Labour instead.

Comment

It's probably a bit of both... I don't trust any politician that suddenly 'admits there is a problem'...

But it is nice to see a nu labour vampire get a good dose of sunlight:

"Mrs Hodge said the pace of ethnic change in her area had frightened people. "What has happened in Barking and Dagenham is the most rapid transformation of a community we have ever witnessed.

"Nowhere else has changed so fast. When I arrived in 1994, it was a predominantly white, working class area. Now, go through the middle of Barking and you could be in Camden or Brixton. That is the key thing that has created the environment the BNP has sought to exploit." Mrs Hodge claimed the anger is not down to racism. "It is a fear of change. It is gobsmacking change."
          And how un-politically correct she is.... 'Now, go through the middle of Barking and you could be in Camden or Brixton.' If a Tory or BNP person said that the ministry of racial equality would be busy briefing against them and howling 'racist'... and celebrating 'diversity'.

My bet is that they will simply move more immigrants there so the 'white vote' doesnt count.

******* Spoilers if you havent yet seen V for Vengance *********

I watched it this afternoon - not a bad film, but what puzzled me was the angle that they took .... that there would be a right wing plot to engineer a social catastrophe in order to subvert democracy.. they even mention the words 'Conservative party', have a state run news organisation called the 'BNC'... etc... including repeated references to 'England will prevail' when its 'The Party' talking, while referring to Britain in any other context.

It seemed ironic the the film would take that slant at a time when the labour party are doing almost exactly what the film portrays... it even mentions 'Avian flu' so they cannot have been that out of touch with current events....

It is in fact labour that have engineered social fragmentation (out of control immigration), controlled the media (alastair campbell, mandelson, etc), used scare tactics (terrorist attacks in London), and subsequently undermined democracy (too many points to mention on that one).

So why resort to yet more 'fear the political right' propaganda... when its the left who are doing it as they speak?
          Last edited by mcquiggd; 16 April 2006, 19:27.
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Barking is like Camden or Brixton? Not alone in that, so is West Croydon, Norbury, Thornton Heath, Crystal Palace, Streatham, Tulse Hill, West Norwood, South Norwood, all of the areas that used to be mostly white when I lived in South London 20 years ago. Sussex towns are now changing at a frightening rate. Many of those not visibly ethnic are non-British to judge by the languages and accents you hear.

What has happened and what is happening is beyond anything that anyone anywhere in the world would consider reasonable.

Is it really so very racist of us to ask to retain some of our own institutions, tradition and values?

To ask for moderation in numbers when we have such serious problems with congestion and shortages of housing, water and power and would like to preserve some of our countryside?

To expect proper assesssments to ensure that entrants are well educated, English speaking, law abiding, likely to be an economic asset, not hostile to our society, not wedded to practices inconsistent with our own values and not suffering from serious communicable diseases like AIDS?

It seems so. If one is going to be called racist for very reasonable expectations it is hardly suprising that many may consider they may as well go the whole hog and vote BNP. I would if we had a candidate.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 16 April 2006, 20:43.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Well, its either high house prices and people can load up on cheap debt, or low house prices.
              Too true. But with the important point that we are creating a two tier society: those that have a property, and those that rent a property. In fact it is even worse than that since the wealthier middle classes are investing in buy to let as a pension/income. Thus as time goes by, we see an increasing number of wealthy property owners, and an even larger number of non-property owners, with reduced security. Combine that with the pensions crisis and it does not look good.

It is probably bad for service industries too, as in big cities they cannot hire staff due to the cost of housing. Oh sorry. We have a ready supply of workers who are prepared to accept lower wages.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                Is it really so very racist of us to ask to retain some of our own institutions, tradition and values?

To ask for moderation in numbers when we have such serious problems with congestion and shortages of housing, water and power and would like to preserve some of our countryside?
                I rather like living in areas with a racial mix although I find the numbers of Eastern Europeans troubling. An all white place with shops that close at 5:30 is a bit odd and dull.

However, we already have serious problems with congestion on the roads, and by all accounts we will have problems with water and power shortages. Recent estimates are that in 10 or 20 years this country will increase to 70 million from the current 60 million. This will put pressure on roads, water, power and housing. The latter is already in short supply hence the current boom which shows no end.

My belief is that New Liar allow increasing immigration on a huge scale because a) they don't have the balls to fight the EU on this issue b) the increasing workforce means less problems with pensions in 20 years (better young to old ratio) and c) the house price boom is maintained, the collapse of which would decimate this government and probably spell its end.

Comment

Institutions, traditions and values are not trivia like shops staying open and varied restaurants.

I was thinking of important things, eg, our justice system which seems to be moving away from impartiality towards a more Islamic style where the victims have a say in sentence, or measures to change tax law to suit multiple Muslim "wives", arranged (read forced in some cases) marriages, or changes to our humane treatment of animals to suit the various religions that practice ritual killing.

Get enough Somalians and others from the horn of Africa and how long will it be before we get lobbying to allow female circumcision?
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 16 April 2006, 21:34.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The one thing that has fundamentally and permanently changed almost every facet of our society - multiculturalism - is the one thing we have never been asked if we wanted.

Democracy - don't make me laugh.

Comment

Working...
                    X