• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of England's Adam Posen renews calls for more quantitative easing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of England's Adam Posen renews calls for more quantitative easing

Bank of England's Adam Posen renews calls for more quantitative easing | Business | guardian.co.uk

Just like Gordon, saviour of the universe (twice), was saying years ago. He should be Prime Minister. Or maybe he still is, hard to tell.

"Give us yer fookin' money!" - Bob Geldoff, banker!

Comment

At some stage bankers are going to get so rich that they'll have no choice but to spend their loot, otherwise it'll go rotten or something. Then perhaps the economy will recover.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        At some stage bankers are going to get so rich that they'll have no choice but to spend their loot, otherwise it'll go rotten or something. Then perhaps the economy will recover.
        I wouldn't mind QE if it seemed to go anywhere outside of banks and commodity prices.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I wouldn't mind QE if it seemed to go anywhere outside of banks and commodity prices.
          My mother told me that after the war everyone in West Germany was given 50 Deutsche Marks. Can't find a reference to this on-line unfortunately. That would seem fairer. But in all probability all this QEing is for propping up the bank(er)s, rather than the economy directly.

Comment

Working...
          X