PDA

View Full Version : Bank of England's Adam Posen renews calls for more quantitative easing

TimberWolf
13th September 2011, 14:22
Bank of England's Adam Posen renews calls for more quantitative easing | Business | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/sep/13/bank-england-adam-posen-quantitative-easing)

Just like Gordon, saviour of the universe (twice), was saying years ago. He should be Prime Minister. Or maybe he still is, hard to tell.

Churchill
13th September 2011, 14:34
"Give us yer fookin' money!" - Bob Geldoff, banker! :winker:

TimberWolf
13th September 2011, 14:37
At some stage bankers are going to get so rich that they'll have no choice but to spend their loot, otherwise it'll go rotten or something. Then perhaps the economy will recover.

eek
13th September 2011, 14:47
At some stage bankers are going to get so rich that they'll have no choice but to spend their loot, otherwise it'll go rotten or something. Then perhaps the economy will recover.

I wouldn't mind QE if it seemed to go anywhere outside of banks and commodity prices.

TimberWolf
13th September 2011, 14:57
I wouldn't mind QE if it seemed to go anywhere outside of banks and commodity prices.

My mother told me that after the war everyone in West Germany was given 50 Deutsche Marks. Can't find a reference to this on-line unfortunately. That would seem fairer. But in all probability all this QEing is for propping up the bank(er)s, rather than the economy directly.