• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School....

Gave youngest dochka 10 quid this morning for school dinners, secondary school, second day, they have a 'card' system so a tenner to start it off....

Just told me she can't do it cos she's not been finger-printed yet, Jesus, it's school dinners, not DV clearance...

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Gave youngest dochka 10 quid this morning for school dinners, secondary school, second day, they have a 'card' system so a tenner to start it off....

Just told me she can't do it cos she's not been finger-printed yet, Jesus, it's school dinners, not DV clearance...
    She can lose her card but not her fingers.

The system's been around for quite a while. Some systems enable the parent to log in over t'interweb and check what the child has to eat and add funds.

Plus it prepares them for our modern utopia... Move along citizen, nothing to see here...

Comment

Yep - I was a bit perturbed by the whole fingerprinting thing. But I was assured they don't store the fingerprints, but a one way encryption. Ours we can top up online, although it doesn't show us what they ate.

Comment

I'm attending a meeting at our eldest school tonight and they are going through the new mychildatschool system and the wisepay system.
        The mychildatschool lets you see almost real time what classes they have attended, if they were late, what homework they have been assigned and their grades.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          I'm attending a meeting at our eldest school tonight and they are going through the new mychildatschool system and the wisepay system.
          The mychildatschool lets you see almost real time what classes they have attended, if they were late, what homework they have been assigned and their grades.
          My eldest's school had the head teachers email account hacked last year. Despite all the "advanced" security that they enusre us they have.

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          She can lose her card but not her fingers.
          How long before the Mail reports on kids having their finger cut off to buy crisps and chocolate?

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
            My eldest's school had the head teachers email account hacked last year. Despite all the "advanced" security that they enusre us they have.

How long before the Mail reports on the possibility of kids having their finger cut off to buy crisps and chocolate?
            ftfy

They could do that now...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              Eeeeee, parents today don't know they're born. We had to endure "Parent/Teacher evenings, made to sit on deliberately small chairs listening the the teacher dronoing on, while surrounded by the reek of powder paint, socks and old vomit.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                But I was assured they don't store the fingerprints,
                Just like they don't store the DNA from newborn heel prick blood tests

Get the next generations DNA & fingerprints
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Just like they don't store the DNA from newborn heel prick blood tests

Get the next generations DNA & fingerprints

Drama Queen Alert!!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Drama Queen Alert!!!!

Nah. He's right. NDNAD is a travesty an abomination of an idea.

Ok in your case it allowed you to find out your parents and grandparents and their grandparents were all brothers & sisters but on the whole it's a bad thing.

[Shaunbhoy waves six fingered fist]
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X