PDA

View Full Version : School....

stek
13th September 2011, 14:22
Gave youngest dochka 10 quid this morning for school dinners, secondary school, second day, they have a 'card' system so a tenner to start it off....

Just told me she can't do it cos she's not been finger-printed yet, Jesus, it's school dinners, not DV clearance...

Churchill
13th September 2011, 14:26
Gave youngest dochka 10 quid this morning for school dinners, secondary school, second day, they have a 'card' system so a tenner to start it off....

Just told me she can't do it cos she's not been finger-printed yet, Jesus, it's school dinners, not DV clearance...

She can lose her card but not her fingers.

The system's been around for quite a while. Some systems enable the parent to log in over t'interweb and check what the child has to eat and add funds.

Plus it prepares them for our modern utopia... Move along citizen, nothing to see here...

mudskipper
13th September 2011, 14:32
Yep - I was a bit perturbed by the whole fingerprinting thing. But I was assured they don't store the fingerprints, but a one way encryption. Ours we can top up online, although it doesn't show us what they ate.

FiveTimes
13th September 2011, 14:39
I'm attending a meeting at our eldest school tonight and they are going through the new mychildatschool system and the wisepay system.
The mychildatschool lets you see almost real time what classes they have attended, if they were late, what homework they have been assigned and their grades.

PRC1964
13th September 2011, 15:11
I'm attending a meeting at our eldest school tonight and they are going through the new mychildatschool system and the wisepay system.
The mychildatschool lets you see almost real time what classes they have attended, if they were late, what homework they have been assigned and their grades.

My eldest's school had the head teachers email account hacked last year. Despite all the "advanced" security that they enusre us they have.

She can lose her card but not her fingers.

How long before the Mail reports on kids having their finger cut off to buy crisps and chocolate?

Churchill
13th September 2011, 15:15
My eldest's school had the head teachers email account hacked last year. Despite all the "advanced" security that they enusre us they have.

How long before the Mail reports on the possibility of kids having their finger cut off to buy crisps and chocolate?

ftfy

They could do that now...

wobbegong
13th September 2011, 15:32

Eeeeee, parents today don't know they're born. We had to endure "Parent/Teacher evenings, made to sit on deliberately small chairs listening the the teacher dronoing on, while surrounded by the reek of powder paint, socks and old vomit.

Troll
13th September 2011, 15:46
But I was assured they don't store the fingerprints, Just like they don't store the DNA from newborn heel prick blood tests

Get the next generations DNA & fingerprints

shaunbhoy
13th September 2011, 17:18
Just like they don't store the DNA from newborn heel prick blood tests

Get the next generations DNA & fingerprints

:bluelight :bluelight :bluelight

Drama Queen Alert!!!!

MarillionFan
13th September 2011, 18:05

Drama Queen Alert!!!!

Nah. He's right. NDNAD is a travesty an abomination of an idea.

Ok in your case it allowed you to find out your parents and grandparents and their grandparents were all brothers & sisters but on the whole it's a bad thing.

[Shaunbhoy waves six fingered fist]

shaunbhoy
13th September 2011, 18:14
Geek Beyond Compare???????

Eh????????

:nerd

MarillionFan
13th September 2011, 18:20
Geek Beyond Compare???????

Eh????????

:nerd

3000 points. Next level.