• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London is starting to sound like South Africa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London is starting to sound like South Africa

Carjacker stabs Harjinder Singh Bhurji to death in front of female passenger | Mail Online

Quite a horrific story. The carjacker stabbed the victim, who after being stabbed retrieved the car keys he'd hidden, then later died.

Just wait until the recession bites... London, tinderbox?

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Carjacker stabs Harjinder Singh Bhurji to death in front of female passenger | Mail Online

Quite a horrific story. The carjacker stabbed the victim, who after being stabbed retrieved the car keys he'd hidden, then later died.

Just wait until the recession bites... London, tinderbox?
    Riots on the streets of London? Buildings burning? Shops being looted? Kids running amok???

Nah. You've been watching too many movies.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Riots on the streets of London? Buildings burning? Shops being looted? Kids running amok???

Nah. You've been watching too many movies.
      It's all right for you in Fleet, you've an army stationed nearby to keep the peace. Not to mention those handy chaps in Church Crookham.

Comment

In the worst case scenario former ex-army types like Churchill and shaunbhoy will be recalled to serve their country and safe the day.

Comment

Hmm, more to that one IMO

Comment

It's brill in King's Cross, Clerkenwell and the City.

But what do I know...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

A couple of years ago my missus had her handbag nicked (this was major, believe me) from off the passenger seat by a couple of 10-11 year olds who just opened the door and ran off. (normally she keeps the doors locked but it's a long story). She is still not over it fully, people forget about the human cost that these things can have. If I had my way I'd string them all up.

I was brought up in Ilford where that guy got stabbed. It used to be quite a nice place but it's unrecogniseable now. Anyone driving round with their doors unlocked is a potential victim.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                A couple of years ago my missus had her handbag nicked (this was major, believe me) from off the passenger seat by a couple of 10-11 year olds who just opened the door and ran off. (normally she keeps the doors locked but it's a long story). She is still not over it fully, people forget about the human cost that these things can have. If I had my way I'd string them all up.

I was brought up in Ilford where that guy got stabbed. It used to be quite a nice place but it's unrecogniseable now. Anyone driving round with their doors unlocked is a potential victim.
                That kind of thing has been going on for years in Wythenshawe - Lloyds TSB issued a security notice to all personnel warning them not to place valuables etc. on the passenger seat in their vehicles. The local scroats used to throw large ball-bearings at the passenger window of cars as they stopped for junctions etc. to shatter it and then proceed to nick whatever was on the passenger seat.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  It's all right for you in Fleet, you've an army stationed nearby to keep the peace. Not to mention those handy chaps in Church Crookham.
                  It's the squaddies who cause the trouble in those areas.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    It's the squaddies who cause the trouble in those areas.
                    Well it used to be. Gurkha barracks are becoming a massive housing estate, Aldershot has cut back all it's troop numbers and are selling off old Army grounds, North Camp has gone to the dogs. You've got more chance of spotting a three legged dog wearing a tutu than an army convoy these days.

Lot of ex-squaddies around these days.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X