PDA

View Full Version : Oh God! I am so bored!!!

Churchill
14th September 2011, 15:54
FFS, getting paid to do ***** all is so demoralising. :bang:

PRC1964
14th September 2011, 16:04
I feel your pain. I did a 12 month contract where due to office politics I wasn't allowed to change or add to any of the existing code.

I stuck it through as I was newish to contracting, but I wouldn't put up with it again.

Oh, and I had no internet or mobile reception. I must have read more books in those 12 months than I will in the rest of my life.

sasguru
14th September 2011, 16:08
As my gran rightly said, only boring people get bored.

HTH

PRC1964
14th September 2011, 16:13

HTH

http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/60997-can-someone-start-interesting-thread-please.html#post1226349

;)

cailin maith
14th September 2011, 16:13

Really.... bored..... we'd never have guessed :rolleyes:

For good measure :poke:

cailin maith
14th September 2011, 16:14
http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/60997-can-someone-start-interesting-thread-please.html#post1226349

;)

:rollin::rollin:

doodab
14th September 2011, 16:14

HTH

Presumably this was in response to your cries of "I'm bored"?

Incognito
14th September 2011, 16:23
Really.... bored..... we'd never have guessed :rolleyes:

For good measure :poke:

We should arrange some sort of 'Churchill points,' sort of like rep. If he scores so many points in a week then he gets no :moon:

That'd soon calm the board down again.

Just an idea, don't shoot the messenger.

:tongue

eek
14th September 2011, 16:25

HTH

Your Gran? I used that exact phrase last week to get the children away from the telly.

Gibbon
14th September 2011, 16:30

Well there's no need to try and share the pain with the drivel you've being posting and encouraging.

Cliphead
14th September 2011, 18:41
We've all had contracts where we get paid to do nothing and yes it is boring.

One 3 monther I got paid to sit at home so took on another gig at the same time, I never get bored invoicing.

:banana:

Current gig is very cool and long term but a lot of days spent on WOW or messing about in the studio even while keeping other ad hoc clients happy.

God forbid I end up in another public sector gig though :suicide: I do nothing and so does everyone else.

MarillionFan
14th September 2011, 18:52
We should arrange some sort of 'Churchill points,' sort of like rep. If he scores so many points in a week then he gets no :moon:

That'd soon calm the board down again.

Just an idea, don't shoot the messenger.

:tongue

He could always start by getting into an argument and insulting every poster, follow that up by being offensive & beligerent, then leave nasty reps for everyone, then act more of a twunt, then start threads about how bored he is, followed with a sprinking of double standards topped up with sobbing into a glass in a bar later on this evening.

Works for me.

eek
14th September 2011, 19:27
Hang on you're currently in Belfast. Get an orange sash and walk down the Falls road. That should liven up your evening.

KentPhilip
14th September 2011, 19:30
I feel your pain. I did a 12 month contract where due to office politics I wasn't allowed to change or add to any of the existing code.

I stuck it through as I was newish to contracting, but I wouldn't put up with it again.

Oh, and I had no internet or mobile reception. I must have read more books in those 12 months than I will in the rest of my life.

I did a gig where we did have internet. But my client manager sat right behind me with a good view on my screen; I couldn't be seen to surf all day, it didn't seem right.

Spacecadet
14th September 2011, 19:45
I did a gig where we did have internet. But my client manager sat right behind me with a good view on my screen; I couldn't be seen to surf all day, it didn't seem right.

A contract I had a couple of years ago had a dead spot where I spent most days surfing the net
The programme manager caught me on several occasions, the only comment he made was that I read more interesting websites than he did!

eek
14th September 2011, 19:49
A contract I had a couple of years ago had a dead spot where I spent most days surfing the net
The programme manager caught me on several occasions, the only comment he made was that I read more interesting websites than he did!

One reason for picking up my ipad was to cover dull periods like that and hide the technical books I refer to when I can't remember the basics of mongodb or whatever the crap I'm currently working with is.

MarillionFan
14th September 2011, 20:53
One reason for picking up my ipad was to cover dull periods like that and hide the technical books I refer to when I can't remember the basics of mongodb or whatever the crap I'm currently working with is.

At the end of the day, you get the contracts you deserve.

Churchill
15th September 2011, 06:16
He could always start by getting into an argument and insulting every poster, follow that up by being offensive & beligerent, then leave nasty reps for everyone, then act more of a twunt, then start threads about how bored he is, followed with a sprinking of double standards topped up with sobbing into a glass in a bar later on this evening.

Works for me.

I'd never wish to be accused of the type of behaviour that made you so popular.

Btw, you really should stop whinging about me in PMs to the girlies, it's so unbecoming.

MarillionFan
15th September 2011, 06:29
I'd never wish to be accused of the type of behaviour that made you so popular.

Btw, you really should stop whinging about me in PMs to the girlies, it's so unbecoming.

Maybe you should stop trying to tell posters what to do because you're a jealous twat. Get some help, it's so unbecoming.

Churchill
15th September 2011, 06:37
Maybe you should stop trying to tell posters what to do because you're a jealous twat. Get some help, it's so unbecoming.

You keep saying that. I think you're reading too much into the fact that I think you're a bullsh!tting, two faced :winker:

MarillionFan
15th September 2011, 06:56
You keep saying that. I think you're reading too much into the fact that I think you're a bullsh!tting, two faced :winker:

Unlike you, Im not bored and need to get on with some work. It does say something about you though that everyday you need to come on here and try to have arguments with every poster. That you feel the need to PM posters to warn them off PMing other posters, or conversing with people in real life even though you're the one who met a partner through CUK and then go massively overboard if anybody even mentions the fact while at the same time dropping bombs everywhere.

I think you're just lonely. I feel sorry for you at the moment.

Get a contract closer to home. Your more fun when you're
not being a twunt. :wave:

Churchill
15th September 2011, 06:59
Unlike you, Im not bored and need to get on with some work. It does say something about you though that everyday you need to come on here and try to have arguments with every poster. That you feel the need to PM posters to warn them off PMing other posters, or conversing with people in real life even though you're the one who met a partner through CUK and then go massively overboard if anybody even mentions the fact while at the same time dropping bombs everywhere.

I think you're just lonely. I feel sorry for you at the moment.

Get a contract closer to home. Your more fun when you're
not being a twunt. :wave:

Nice, thanks. But as usual you're way off.

d000hg
15th September 2011, 07:24
At the end of the day, you get the contracts you deserve.Like working evenings and weekends to try and get a product out the door?

MarillionFan
15th September 2011, 07:46
Like working evenings and weekends to try and get a product out the door?

Just been told that the manager they made director last month that i was bedwetting about has decided to leave and did I want to take it.:eyes

Churchill
15th September 2011, 07:54
Just been told that the manager they made director last month that i was bedwetting about has decided to leave and did I want to take it.:eyes

Of course you have.

Jolly well done.

Churchill
15th September 2011, 08:09
Like working evenings and weekends to try and get a product out the door?

Do you know how many threads you pull that kind of crap in?

Someone reminds you about some bollocks you've posted and then very soon you respond with...

Yeah but they agree that I was right all along and they're going to pay me loads of money and they want to have my babies I'm so brilliant.

I think I'll occupy myself today by tagging each of the threads you pull that crap with "Try to spot the MF ME ME"

Mich the Tester
15th September 2011, 08:13

How about following Wilmslow's example (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/70611-passed-prince2.html)and studying for Prince2 certificates?

Sorry, :suicide:

MarillionFan
15th September 2011, 08:16

Have you tried jabbing your wrists with a compass? It will make you feel better I promise.

sasguru
15th September 2011, 08:33
:popcorn:

Churchill
15th September 2011, 08:34
Have you tried jabbing your wrists with a compass? It will make you feel better I promise.

Thanks for giving me the benefit of your experience and I'm glad the therapy and drugs have helped. I don't think it's for me though.

Btw, I've given up the "Try to spot the MF ME ME!" tag game as there are so many and just like you it was getting tedious.

Churchill
15th September 2011, 08:38
How about following Wilmslow's example (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/70611-passed-prince2.html)and studying for Prince2 certificates?

Sorry, :suicide:

You're forgiven.

Although it might be useful for some of the public sector contracts that get thrown around.

MarillionFan
15th September 2011, 09:04
Thanks for giving me the benefit of your experience and I'm glad the therapy and drugs have helped. I don't think it's for me though.

Btw, I've given up the "Try to spot the MF ME ME!" tag game as there are so many and just like you it was getting tedious.

Tagging threads? Bit sad and stalkerish.

Whatever makes you happy though.:eyes

Churchill
15th September 2011, 09:15
Tagging threads? Bit sad and stalkerish.

Whatever makes you happy though.:eyes

Is it as sad and stalkerish as posting someones full name on the forum?

Just wondering like.

MarillionFan
15th September 2011, 09:18
Is it as sad and stalkerish as posting someones full name on the forum?

Just wondering like.

Depends who started it. :rolleyes:

Churchill
15th September 2011, 09:21
Depends who started it. :rolleyes:

Hey Phil, I don't even know your last name.

MarillionFan
15th September 2011, 09:25
Hey Phil, I don't even know your last name.

McAvity

2BIT
15th September 2011, 11:35

whilst 50% of the population would dream of such a role and the other 50% of the population already work such a role I agree - I spent two weeks doing very little (no access or scope of work) and it drove me mad!

d000hg
16th September 2011, 07:08
Jeez I think my scuffles with ShaunBhoy or even SY01 have more meat on them than MF/Chrurchy's bickering.