• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYG data in France

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAYG data in France

Right then, I will be in France for a bit and could do with getting myself a PAYG SIM with a data plan for a month or so. Which one should I go for?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Saw this one advirtised on a Ryanair flight once, which I thought I'd look at if ever I was stupid or rich enough to be concerned with these rich man matters: MAXROAM - Low Cost International Roaming for Mobiles and Cell Phones

No idea if it's any good or not.

I usually go to a public library, where I have a choice of a WiFi connection for my iPod, or inhouse PCs, plus printers. Or better still, and not applicable to you, I use the free WiFi at a campsite. These days I wildcamp more often than not though; even then I often find free WiFi.

Comment

I'm really trying to get a handle on what sort of PAYG deals the local operators offer rather than find a cheap roaming deal.

In Germany I had an 02 SIM and paid something like €25 a month for 5GB, and I had a backup VF one that was something like €40 for 3GB or so. I'm looking for something similar from SFR or Bogeytel or whomever.

The basic problem is that client co offer no network access so I'm restricted to email on my mobile unless I can get 3G working on my laptop. It's astonishingly inconvenient. I have free WiFi in the hotel but that doesn't help in the office.
      Last edited by doodab; 14 September 2011, 17:18.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

It looks like Orange do a package with 500MB for €9 a month but it has some restrictions in terms of using phone as a modem and appears to be for web browsing only (email costs per MB).

Everyone else seems to charge by the MB, between €0.80 and €2, which actually makes using my phone or roaming with my German SIM card cheaper.

How ******* backwards is that?

Comment

Working...
        X