• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shall we do some more QE?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shall we do some more QE?

EDF Energy raises gas and electricity prices - Telegraph

15.4% increase in gas prices.

"said the average dual-fuel customer paying quarterly would see annual bills rise by around £120 from £1,120 to £1,240. "

FFS, hands up who actually has annual bill of around that much - last winter I had (albeit on PAYG meter) like £300 per month easy.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      "said the average dual-fuel customer paying quarterly would see annual bills rise by around £120 from £1,120 to £1,240. "

FFS, hands up who actually has annual bill of around that much - last winter I had (albeit on PAYG meter) like £300 per month easy.
      You should get out more.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        You should get out more.
        Never underestimate how much electricity those imaginary plasma guns use up.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Never underestimate how much electricity those imaginary plasma guns use up.
          AtW's plasma rifle only uses 40 watts.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I can't see it using much damage then, or does the principle of conservation of energy not apply to plasma rifles?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              You should get out more.
              Probably cheaper now to sit in a warm pub and sip half a mild.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I can't see it using much damage then, or does the principle of conservation of energy not apply to plasma rifles?
                Oi Zeity, over to you...

Comment

Oil fired hot air heating systems are brill, half the cost of gas/water systems.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X