• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I see the gubmint

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the gubmint

are having a go at doctors now.
    Headlines of GP's on £250,000 a year put out to upset the vermin.
    I would have to say that even the worst doctor in the world being paid that much is much better value for money than any politician.
    Discuss, blame god (or chico), tell us how big your libido is, etc.
    Why not?

When they said similar about plumbers, the intake for plumbing courses soared. Might work the same for medical courses.

Comment

There used to be a balanced market between doctors graduating and positions available, this made sense as the cost of 6 years training was substantial and thus avoided medical unemployment.

We now have the situation where Doctors are graduating and no employment is available.

So is it preferable to open the floodgates further and allow more medical unemployment... seems a waste of resources to me!

Might work for Dentists though!

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
        (HMG) are having a go at doctors now.
        Headlines of GP's on £250,000 a year put out to upset the vermin.
        I would have to say that even the worst doctor in the world being paid that much is much better value for money than any politician.
        Discuss, blame god (or chico), tell us how big your libido is, etc.
        It was at HMG's insistence that doctors signed the new contracts that enabled them to make more money.

Some expert on the radio this morning said that, during negotiations for those contracts, HMG refused to believe how much work doctors already do (such as regular cholesterol tests for all patients over 40), and insisted they built in cash incentives to do this extra work - which they were already doing!

That's out of the same top drawer as the Chancellor selling off our gold reserve at the bottom of the market.

Comment

Its not just GP's. One of the big factors regarding the losses trusts are announcing is partially down to the new contracts which the consultants were given. Here again they were doing extra (unpaid) work, which now gets paid as part of the new contract. So without increasing the workload (and the throughput) the consultant gets paid a shedload more than before to do the same as before.

Link this to the pi55 poor management and financial accountability and what you get is a hugely more expansive health service with no extra output.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
          X