PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast at desk

aussielong
16th September 2011, 01:33
You have got to be kidding. I'm trying to get hold of the BA and he's off in the canteen buying his breakfast at 9.30am.

Breakfast at desk should be stamped out. Can you late breakfasters not get out of bed 5 minutes earlier?

Turn up to work with your game face on ready to graft.

BrilloPad
16th September 2011, 06:38
Personally I get up at 5am to cycle in to work and be at my desk by 6am. I don't see that 5 minutes in tesco makes any difference to anyone.

ShandyDrinker
16th September 2011, 06:44
You have got to be kidding. I'm trying to get hold of the BA and he's off in the canteen buying his breakfast at 9.30am.

Breakfast at desk should be stamped out. Can you late breakfasters not get out of bed 5 minutes earlier?

Turn up to work with your game face on ready to graft.

No sh*t. :laugh

I've seen this in a lot of different places over the years... hell, the place I'm working at now people go down to the canteen and bring a full english back to their desks and proceed to eat it while attempting to work! Of course I couldn't do that as I can't use the canteen because I can't be seen to be part and parcel of the organisation for IR35 purposes...

Scrag Meister
16th September 2011, 06:44
Personally I get up at 5am to cycle in to work and be at my desk by 6am. I don't see that 5 minutes in tesco makes any difference to anyone.

WBPS

Up at 6:15, Shower, Roll a smoke, on the bus, in the office for 7:30. Bowl of Cereal and a coffee.

I'm a contractor I manage my own time.

MarillionFan
16th September 2011, 06:45

:eek:

They have a 5 O Clock in the morning now as well! I thought that was when you went to bed.:rolleyes:

norrahe
16th September 2011, 07:14

Nowt wrong with that. (apart from the 5am part).

currently scoffing me brekkie at my desk :D

minestrone
16th September 2011, 07:20
I just had breakfast in bed about 5 minutes ago and now I am at my desk. :smile

alreadypacked
16th September 2011, 07:23
Nowt wrong with that. (apart from the 5am part).

currently scoffing me brekkie at my desk :D

Deskfast :tongue

HTH

BrilloPad
16th September 2011, 07:27
:eek:

They have a 5 O Clock in the morning now as well! I thought that was when you went to bed.:rolleyes:

Its okay for you youngsters. Wait until you get to my age and have children.

<sucks on werther's original>

Support Monkey
16th September 2011, 07:45
It always amazes me how people rock up at the time they are supposed to start work drop their bag fire up their PC then clear off out to costas, starbucks, surely they should get one on the way in and be at their desk ready to work.

sasguru
16th September 2011, 07:52
No sh*t. :laugh

Of course I couldn't do that as I can't use the canteen because I can't be seen to be part and parcel of the organisation for IR35 purposes...

Yeah because Hector sent someone to spy specifically on you, you complete doofus:laugh:laugh
I don't think HMRC are that bothered by you evading tx on your crap rate.

sasguru
16th September 2011, 07:53
It always amazes me how people rock up at the time they are supposed to start work drop their bag fire up their PC then clear off out to costas, starbucks, surely they should get one on the way in and be at their desk ready to work.

Quite. Low level support monkeys should be ready to take calls at 9.

craig1
16th September 2011, 07:54
I have my breakfast at my desk every day. Usually in by 8:20 though and well before 99% of permies who come in at 9:30 then spend the next hour having breakfast, waffling about the utter dross they did from going home last night to coming in today then maybe looking at their emails for a couple of minutes before going for a brew/smoke break.

My timesheet says I start at 8:30 once I've finished my breakfast.

Spacecadet
16th September 2011, 08:11
only on a friday and then only if i'm in the office!

DieScum
16th September 2011, 08:12
I try and deliver quality work and not focus on working an arbitrary amount of hours.

In fact if I can work less while delivering what is needed all the better.

So I'm with the guys chomping away at their desks. Have a shit on their time not yours.

Scrag Meister
16th September 2011, 08:27

<sucks on werther's original, packs pipe, puts on slippers and reaches for the Mail>

FTFY

d000hg
16th September 2011, 09:03
I used to love getting a Subway egg&sausage on the walk from train<--->office. I think driving out from work to get a coffee is taking the mick though.

doodab
16th September 2011, 10:00
Nothing wrong with dining al desko. I snack more or less continuously. Sandwiches & filled croissants (or Brez'n with ham and soft cheese when in DE) for first and second breakfast, then pop out for lunch around two, perhaps a takeaway curry or sit in a restaurant if I'm feeling bored then an afternoon snack a bit later.

DieScum
16th September 2011, 10:08
Are you a large man, Doodab?

sasguru
16th September 2011, 10:09
Are you a large, sad man, Doodab?
FTFY

AtW
16th September 2011, 10:15

Are you selling shoes in the City by any chance?

:rolleyes:

ShandyDrinker
16th September 2011, 16:25
Yeah because Hector sent someone to spy specifically on you, you complete doofus:laugh:laugh
I don't think HMRC are that bothered by you evading tx on your crap rate.

Nice - it's like the school playground all over again :fight: Gotta love these internet forums!

It was said somewhat tongue in cheek...

2BIT
16th September 2011, 16:51
cant face eating first so desk is fine, eating all day at your desk is annoying... worked with a running nut once who literally sat there and ate all day- don't why it wound me up but it did...

Spacecadet
16th September 2011, 17:10
Nice - it's like the school playground all over again :fight: Gotta love these internet forums!

It was said somewhat tongue in cheek...

its Sasguru, he's got "issues" at the best of times.

FWIW though, general does usually descend to playground rules