• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfast at desk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfast at desk

You have got to be kidding. I'm trying to get hold of the BA and he's off in the canteen buying his breakfast at 9.30am.

Breakfast at desk should be stamped out. Can you late breakfasters not get out of bed 5 minutes earlier?

Turn up to work with your game face on ready to graft.

Personally I get up at 5am to cycle in to work and be at my desk by 6am. I don't see that 5 minutes in tesco makes any difference to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
      You have got to be kidding. I'm trying to get hold of the BA and he's off in the canteen buying his breakfast at 9.30am.

Breakfast at desk should be stamped out. Can you late breakfasters not get out of bed 5 minutes earlier?

Turn up to work with your game face on ready to graft.
      No sh*t.

I've seen this in a lot of different places over the years... hell, the place I'm working at now people go down to the canteen and bring a full english back to their desks and proceed to eat it while attempting to work! Of course I couldn't do that as I can't use the canteen because I can't be seen to be part and parcel of the organisation for IR35 purposes...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Personally I get up at 5am to cycle in to work and be at my desk by 6am. I don't see that 5 minutes in tesco makes any difference to anyone.
        WBPS

Up at 6:15, Shower, Roll a smoke, on the bus, in the office for 7:30. Bowl of Cereal and a coffee.

I'm a contractor I manage my own time.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

They have a 5 O Clock in the morning now as well! I thought that was when you went to bed.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Nowt wrong with that. (apart from the 5am part).

currently scoffing me brekkie at my desk
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I just had breakfast in bed about 5 minutes ago and now I am at my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Nowt wrong with that. (apart from the 5am part).

currently scoffing me brekkie at my desk
                Deskfast

HTH
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

They have a 5 O Clock in the morning now as well! I thought that was when you went to bed.
                  Its okay for you youngsters. Wait until you get to my age and have children.

<sucks on werther's original>

Comment

It always amazes me how people rock up at the time they are supposed to start work drop their bag fire up their PC then clear off out to costas, starbucks, surely they should get one on the way in and be at their desk ready to work.

Comment

Working...
                    X