PDA

View Full Version : Are you doing anything nice this weekend?

BrilloPad
16th September 2011, 06:42
Are you doing anything nice this weekend?

MarillionFan
16th September 2011, 06:44
Toss up between Newbury show or going fossil hunting on the Dorset coast.

BlasterBates
16th September 2011, 06:52
Thought I might go swimming in one of the lakes near Zürich:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/Walensee_from_Kerenzerberg_to_East.jpg/320px-Walensee_from_Kerenzerberg_to_East.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b8/Gulf_of_Buochs_Lake_Lucerne.jpg/220px-Gulf_of_Buochs_Lake_Lucerne.jpg

MarillionFan
16th September 2011, 06:54
Thought I might go swimming in one of the lakes near Zürich:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/Walensee_from_Kerenzerberg_to_East.jpg/320px-Walensee_from_Kerenzerberg_to_East.jpg

Beware of rogue traders.

darmstadt
16th September 2011, 07:02
Quiet one this weekend. Up to Frankfurt tonight for the Eintracht vs. Rostock game followed by an evening quaffing Ebbelwoi in Sachsenhausen. Off to Meiningen tomorrow with a drive through the lovely Rhone region to Kleinheiligkreuz for an Alpina meeting (alternative is the Darmstadt vs. Münster game, nah.) Sunday will be visiting the IAA (car show) in Frankfurt to prospect for next years motor.

Scrag Meister
16th September 2011, 07:06
Down to Devon, Slap the credit card with a service bill for the 350Z.

Probably pop in and see the "kids" and grand-daughter, parents, bro and family.

That'll take most of the weekend, with the travelling from and to London.

d000hg
16th September 2011, 07:09
Are you doing anything nice this weekend?Why, have you got a better offer?

norrahe
16th September 2011, 07:13
unfortunately not.

Lots of moving admin (AGAIN) crammed into a very short weekend. Thankfully this should be the last of it.

Cliphead
16th September 2011, 07:14
Up to the Highlands for a fishing weekend with friends I haven't seen in years.

wobbegong
16th September 2011, 07:15
Toss up between Newbury show or going fossil hunting on the Dorset coast.

It's gotta be the fossil hunting, every time. Where do you normally go? Need any info?

MarillionFan
16th September 2011, 07:16
It's gotta be the fossil hunting, every time. Where do you normally go? Need any info?

Yes please. :D

Haven't done it properly since I was a kid. Another contractor was going on about Charmouth in Dorset so gave me the idea.

I need somewhere easily accessible with young kids down in Dorset(ish).

BrilloPad
16th September 2011, 07:24
Why, have you got a better offer?

I am going nude skydiving - want to come?

wobbegong
16th September 2011, 07:28
Yes please. :D

Haven't done it properly since I was a kid. Another contractor was going on about Charmouth in Dorset so gave me the idea.

I need somewhere easily accessible with young kids down in Dorset(ish).

If you've got young kids you don't want to be wielding hammers (flying shrapnel more dangerous than the hammers themselves), so Charmouth at low tide is good. Go to the base of the Black Ven landslip and hunt between the rocks and in the rock pools, there are ammonites preserved in iron pyrite (fools gold). The often shown brown and white calcite ammonites, so highly prized, occur in a particular nodule band and are rarely found at beach level, also the nodules are incredibly hard. If you go to Seatown, head for the base of Golden Cap (known as 'The Corner'), there are ammonites there with a preservation that looks like honey glazed earthenware. Again, these are weathered out of the soft clays and can just be picked up. A more ambient "hunt" can be had strolling along Barton-on-Sea beach (large carpark nearby), a nice strip of beach with fossil sharks teeth to be found laying on the sand. Less eroded ones can be found on the "cliffs", which are really just a series of landslips, but watch out for mud pools.

Good luck.

Wilmslow
16th September 2011, 08:19
Are you doing anything nice this weekend?

No, I am going for a walk, then visiting a Cold War nuclear bunker with the bunny boiler ex who is descending on me.

The cat is looking nervous........

d000hg
16th September 2011, 09:04
I am going nude skydiving - want to come?I don't want to risk strangulation.

MCC7
16th September 2011, 09:11
I'm taking my little cousins to see the Batman Live show on Saturday (I wont lie, I'm excited). Then off for an Indian for a friends birthday on Saturday night. Followed by Old Trafford on Sunday. Nearly a perfect weekend.

Mich the Tester
16th September 2011, 09:20
Saturday; I shall go cycling and then eat and drink a lot.
Sunday; I shall go cycling and then eat and drink a lot.

In between I shall watch whatever rugby matches are shown on Frog TV.

FiveTimes
16th September 2011, 09:20
Taxi service for eldest tonight.
Saturday we are going to a house warming party
Sunday relaxing and nursing a headache

2BIT
16th September 2011, 09:37
been blown out so reckon i'll spend the weekend in my studio...which will be a shame! :) :) :)

AtW
16th September 2011, 09:59
Working.

darmstadt
16th September 2011, 10:47
Wanking.

FTFY

darmstadt
16th September 2011, 10:48

In one of the pubs I drink in there are quite a few who don't mind going home with you

BrilloPad
16th September 2011, 13:53
No, I am going for a walk, then visiting a Cold War nuclear bunker with the bunny boiler ex who is descending on me.

The cat is looking nervous........

I like Nuclear Bunkers. Visit Kelvedon Nuclear bunker once a year.

Project Monkey
16th September 2011, 14:56
Going up Snowdon (the hill that is).

Moscow Mule
16th September 2011, 15:20
Tomorrow I shall be at Lords, nervously watching Surrey vs Somerset in the CB40 final.

Not sure Surrey have the weapons to defeat Somerset on a good day, but will be a good match regardless.

Sunday, it's a bike ride or gardening, not sure yet...