• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Star Wars dilemma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars dilemma

Seeing some of the laughable changes to Star Wars for the blu-ray release I quite fancy watching the original trilogy, not seen it for years since the special edition with the crap changes.

However I don't really want to buy the blu-rays due to all the crap they've added on top of the existing crap.

Vader's "NOOooooooooo"
    R2D2 stuck behind a rock.
    Obi-Wan's dragon call.

So anyone got the new blu-rays and think the quality of seeing them in HD outweighs the pathetic changes or still prefer other more original versions?

Curiously I see there are several fan versions where they've tried to restore the original theatrical releases. One, the 'despecialized edition' is even in 720p.

Anyone seen these and can say what they think is the current definitive version of the original trilogy?

I don't really want to have to wait for Lucas to FOAD before someone with any sense restores the originals, so what's the best choice currently available?
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Why would you want the originals in HD - it would just show up how terrible the effects and props all were!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Rather that than all the CGI crap they've added over the years.

I think the old modelling techniques in the original trilogy are more convincing than the CGI they used in the prequel trilogy. The CGI looks too cartoony to me.

No desire to rewatch the prequels anyway. They just didn't have that special something (chemistry? charm?) that the original trilogy has.
      Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

It's enough to turn Old Wanky Knobby to the dark side.

Comment

I've decided there are only two versions worth considering:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Family-Guy-T.../dp/B0048EJVX6

Picasa Web Albums - Petr Harmy

Thanks for all the constructive input in helping me make my decision.
          Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Seeing some of the laughable changes to Star Wars for the blu-ray release I quite fancy watching the original trilogy, not seen it for years since the special edition with the crap changes.

However I don't really want to buy the blu-rays due to all the crap they've added on top of the existing crap.

Vader's "NOOooooooooo"
            R2D2 stuck behind a rock.
            Obi-Wan's dragon call.

So anyone got the new blu-rays and think the quality of seeing them in HD outweighs the pathetic changes or still prefer other more original versions?

Curiously I see there are several fan versions where they've tried to restore the original theatrical releases. One, the 'despecialized edition' is even in 720p.

Anyone seen these and can say what they think is the current definitive version of the original trilogy?

I don't really want to have to wait for Lucas to FOAD before someone with any sense restores the originals, so what's the best choice currently available?
            You are conforming to the stereotype of the average contractor
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              You are conforming to the stereotype of the average contractor

Average is better than below average.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                Average is better than below average.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                X