• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

is IT still the right job ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is IT still the right job ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4917454.stm

Patricia Hewitt, the Health Secretary, said "There are thousands of people who are alive and well today as a direct result of this new contract."
    I'm sure that is true.

Comment

Originally posted by sappatz
      Can you give me the name of the agency that negotiated the GP's new NHS contract?

Comment

Originally posted by sappatz
        You can get into IT with no skills and zero qualifications.

I think being a doctor of medicine might stretch some of the regulars here.

Plumbing or road sweeping is a more comparable occupation to IT.

Comment

Let me tell you the story of a "Doctor" in a town oop north, who diagnosed a child with chicken pox three times. A question was asked of his qualifications and him and his whole family just disappeared into the night...
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

..and then he popped up in Denmark trying to pass himself off as an IT contractor...

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              Quote:
              Patricia Hewitt, the Health Secretary, said "There are thousands of people who are alive and well today as a direct result of this new contract."

I'm sure that is true.
              It is. Doctors are now making so much money that there is a queue outside each surgery of fertile young chav woman who ask to be shagged so as to get maintenance payments for her and the sprog(s).

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                You can get into IT with no skills and zero qualifications.

Plumbing or road sweeping is a more comparable occupation to IT.
                I thought IT technies had to diagnose sysytem malfunctions and perform their own particular brand of surgery by re-writing new code to bring an IT system back to full health.

As nurse, I could lend a hand polishing the screen and dusting the keyboard once the job's done.
                Last edited by Denny; 18 April 2006, 20:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                  I thought IT technies had to diagnose sysytem malfunctions and perform their own particular brand of surgery by re-writing new code to bring an IT system back to full health.
                  No, most spend there time posting tulipe here instead

Comment

Originally posted by Denny

As nurse, I could lend a hand polishing the screen and dusting the keyboard once the job's done.
                    "their own particular brand of surgery" = metaphor.

"As nurse" - what's the connection with the comparison between a IT techie and a qualified doctor?

DP:
                    Looks like just imagining it is a bit of a stretch for some.

Do you ever wonder why you bother coming back here?
                    Last edited by expat; 18 April 2006, 22:43.

Comment

Working...
                    X