• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

City Link are Useless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City Link are Useless

"16/09/11 17:00 There was no one to receive the goods at the delivery point so a card was left."

Yes there bloody was, and no it bloody wasn't

Does the delivery driver not realise how totally bloody obvious it is that (s)he's decided to skive off at five on a Friday rather than finishing the round?

Snotty email sent within ten minutes of the lie being perpetrated, but I don't suppose it'll do any good

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    "16/09/11 17:00 There was no one to receive the goods at the delivery point so a card was left."

Does the delivery driver not realise how totally bloody obvious it is that (s)he's decided to skive off at five on a Friday rather than finishing the round?

Snotty email sent within ten minutes of the lie being perpetrated, but I don't suppose it'll do any good
    These courier firms really need to stamp this out.

The cards should be printed with a unique reference number which the householder needs to quote when calling up to query/re-schedule the delivery.

If the householder does not have a code it proves the courier never even visited the property.

I've had this happen in the past and at bizarre times in the middle of the day.

Comment

The best I got was on Christmas Eve where the HNDL driver decided to state that my parcel had been delivered at 16.30 on their website.

Unfortunately for the driver Amazon were open on Boxing Day so after a complaint to them my parcel was delivered open 2 hours later.

Edit - Yeah I'm Godlike
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        The best I got was on Christmas Eve where the HNDL driver decided to state that my parcel had been delivered at 16.30 on their website.

Unfortunately for the driver Amazon were open on Boxing Day so after a complaint to them my parcel was delivered open 2 hours later.

Edit - Yeah I'm Godlike
        Godesslike?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Get stuff delivered to your office instead.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

HTH
            Stuff like sofas?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

HTH
              They still f**king lie.

I've had couriers say they couldn't find an office building because they never heard of the client company even though the client company has a large sign outside with their name.

The only ones that do this are RM.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Stuff like sofas?
                Especially stuff like that

Comment

Yeah the trouble with Citylink is that most of their drivers are self employed i.e. contractors.
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    They still f**king lie.

I've had couriers say they couldn't find an office building because they never heard of the client company even though the client company has a large sign outside with their name.

The only ones that do this are RM.
                    Did you use the postcode. You know you're not properly addressed without it!
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X