• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MOT retard question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOT retard question

Hi Guys,

Another MOT question for your expert opinion..

My car failed in MOT due a windscreen chip & I repaired it (in another place) & brought back to same center in next working day thinking no retest fee under this MOT rule shown in VOSA site also the same shown in MOT failure notice ( VT30)..

01-09-06 MOT launch new re-test proceduresThis VOSA link says...

If the vehicle is brought back to the same Testing Station by the end of the next working day for one or more of the following items only, a partial re-examination is again required and this re-examination is also free:
    Bonnet, boot lid, brake pedal anti-slip, direction indicators, doors, dropsides, fuel filler cap, hazard warning, horn, lamps, loading door, mirrors, rear reflectors, registration plates, seatbelts (but not anchorages), seats, sharp edges or projections, steering wheel, tailboard, tailgate, vehicle identification number (VIN), windscreen and glass, windscreen wipers/washers, wheels* and tyres*.

This link clearly states Free retest if car is bought back to same test centre in next working day after test failure.

The MOT centre I have done charged me £2.50 lower than original test fee & when I pointed out VOSA guidelines they said "its up to the discretion of the test centre..!!"Please let me know if I should be allowed out on my own at all ever

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

center

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
      I hang my head in shame

Comment

I'd like to offer my advice on this but I do not have the experience in the subject(of course someone else without the experience will pop up and offer it anyway in true CUK general prose).

I have had cars that have failed the MOT but at that point I simply say 'Keep it. Book me a taxi, Ill buy another'

You'll be telling us next you bought your house 2nd hand.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I'd like to offer my advice on this but I do not have the experience in the subject(of course someone else without the experience will pop up and offer it anyway in true CUK general prose).

I have had cars that have failed the MOT but at that point I simply say 'Keep it. Book me a taxi, Ill buy another'

You'll be telling us next you bought your house 7th hand.
          ftfy

Well it is an Edwardian mansion

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            ftfy

Well it is an Edwardian mansion
            In Luton???Shall I streetview Hart Hill to confirm that?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              In Luton???Shall I streetview Hart Hill to confirm that?
              No need

Comment

No need

but not much of a garden...
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Hi Guys,

Another MOT question for your expert opinion..

My car failed in MOT due a windscreen chip & I repaired it (in another place) & brought back to same center in next working day thinking no retest fee under this MOT rule shown in VOSA site also the same shown in MOT failure notice ( VT30)..

01-09-06 MOT launch new re-test proceduresThis VOSA link says...

If the vehicle is brought back to the same Testing Station by the end of the next working day for one or more of the following items only, a partial re-examination is again required and this re-examination is also free:
                  Bonnet, boot lid, brake pedal anti-slip, direction indicators, doors, dropsides, fuel filler cap, hazard warning, horn, lamps, loading door, mirrors, rear reflectors, registration plates, seatbelts (but not anchorages), seats, sharp edges or projections, steering wheel, tailboard, tailgate, vehicle identification number (VIN), windscreen and glass, windscreen wipers/washers, wheels* and tyres*.

This link clearly states Free retest if car is bought back to same test centre in next working day after test failure.

The MOT centre I have done charged me £2.50 lower than original test fee & when I pointed out VOSA guidelines they said "its up to the discretion of the test centre..!!"Please let me know if I should be allowed out on my own at all ever

You could ride your bike instead. Oh... you can't....

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    You could ride your bike instead. Oh... you can't....
                    I still have the road bike in working order

Comment

Working...
                    X