• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage help please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage help please

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get a mortgage for a new build with less than 1 year of account please? I have just started in May but saw this new build house on offer.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Kevin

Originally posted by kevinlam View Post
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get a mortgage for a new build with less than 1 year of account please? I have just started in May but saw this new build house on offer.

Kevin

No, or not unless you have another property to re-mortgage to finance it. Even then the interest will be very very high.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by kevinlam View Post
      Hi all,

Kevin
      Talk to contractormoney. They will get you a mainstream mortgage withouth accounts (assuming your credit rating is OK). They ask for things like:

- 3 months' business and personal bank accounts
      - Current contract
      - CV

It's a bit odd that this still goes on but it worked for us (I have 3 years' accounts and they weren't interested).

Their service is 8/10 as well.

OG

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Talk to contractormoney.
        WHS, I would be surprised if they could not sort you out

Comment

So is it possible to get a mortgage while on the bench?

I thought the old method of just getting your accountant to confirm you can afford it and produce the last 3 years of accounts to prove it may work, rather than waiting till I'm one week into a new contract with a one week notice period.

Tempting to get a 10 year fixed rate at 3.99% (may even come down a bit more in the coming weeks/months) and transfer most of my warchest into property, as a hedge against inflation or bank going tits up.

I know the cheapest variable rates of around 1.99% look tempting but using the BBC's mortgage calculator they are only £50/month cheaper per 50k borrowed over 20 years, so fixing (or maybe an offset mortgage) looks the better long term choice.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Talk to contractormoney. They will get you a mainstream mortgage withouth accounts (assuming your credit rating is OK). They ask for things like:

- 3 months' business and personal bank accounts
            - Current contract
            - CV

It's a bit odd that this still goes on but it worked for us (I have 3 years' accounts and they weren't interested).

Their service is 8/10 as well.

OG
            Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
            WHS, I would be surprised if they could not sort you out

What they said. Used them myself and they were very helpfull. Was in a similar position of wanting a mortgage with only 6 months accounts, although it was to replace an existing mortgage rather than a new purchase. Shouldn;t be a problem though.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
            X