• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC, again.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC, again.....

Have had an ongoing problem with HMRC using another company's name in all correspondence with me despite my accountant having spoken to them about it on several occasions.

It's driving me nuts because my company is owed money for an overpayment made last year. I received a cheque in May & it was made out to another company.

They told me to return it & they would make out another one to the correct company name.

Three months later, I finally get the cheque & pay it in. Just got a letter this morning from the bank telling me the cheque has been stopped by HMRC

Haven't got a reason yet, no doubt that will take weeks but I suspect that its got something to do with them thinking they've made it out to the wrong company.

It's like living in a banana republic......

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    It's like living in a banana republic......
    In banana republic they don't give you tax refunds at all and if you don't pay up on time then you get your thumbs broken.

HTH

Comment

Mental torture of the sort imposed by HMRC is often far more effective than purely physical torture that the lightweight banana republic Hectors rely on.

Comment

Working...
      X