PDA

View Full Version : Hello, good evening and welcome!

Born2BSlow
19th September 2011, 11:02
Hello everybody.

Having only been contracting since April 2010, (not the best time but became increasingly disillusioned with the perceived benefits of perm roles and my boss was a tulip =) ) I consider myself a newbie.

Had to take less than expected on first contract after waiting almost 8 weeks, but luckily got a short term 3 month gig (and an excellent reference letter from a highly recognisable brand name employer!) moved onto another for 6 moths and now I've landed 12 monther only 2 miles from home and the rate is up slightly above what I expected as a starter rate.

Enjoying the feeling I'm in more control of my own destiny and don't feel the need to get sucked into internal politics, but a couple of things still bugging me that I need to iron out might post on those as I become more familiar with things around here. Looks like a good place for me, good mixture of the informed and the insane, with a good dose of sarcasm.

Limited Company basis, mostly Finance roles (CIMA qualified), but seriously considering Prince2 when I finish this role or even before as I've only taken 10 days holiday and 5 days for other stuff over the last 14 months, I'm getting bored of numbers and would like a broader skill set.

I'm not going to ask for advice here as I don't want to get flamed or annoy people, will search around first, just wanting to say hello really! Must find a good avatar to use as well.

"If I don't see you later, good afternoon, good evening and good night!"

:wave:

BPMGuru
4th November 2011, 13:32
:wave:

I am also new here :smile