• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worth £25?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth £25?

BBC News - Will we all be tweaking our own genetic code?

Once the first genome was sequenced, he pushed the idea that it wasn't enough to have one sequence, we needed everyone's. When people pointed to the nearly $3bn price tag for that first one, he built another machine.

Now, the cost is down to below $5,000 per genome, and Prof Church says we're quickly heading toward another 10- or 20-fold decrease in price - to roughly the cost of a blood test.
    I reckon I might get mine done. Kind of like leaving your body to science without the need to die.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Oh genome....

Comment

A bit of a dangerous concept if truth be told.
      If one were to somehow merge the genetic codes of sasguru and AtW together, tweaked or not, it might be possible to produce a simple creature that might effectively be capable of slowly turning industrial scrumpy into urine.
      The prognosis for a Troll/BolshieBastard combo however would be much less likely to be worthy of trial. Unless one had a need for foul-smelling paperweights of course.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
      X