• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leasing A Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leasing A Car

I want a new car, so looking at the leasing route amongst all the others, both personally and through the business.

I understand you can get the type of lease that incudes maintenance and servicing so you basically just add petrol, is this really the best idea though, wouldn't a manufactures warranty cover most things that are likely to go wrong on a new car?

Secondly if I were to put it through the business, I am FRS for VAT so wouldn't save any benefit there, would the reduction in CT out weight the extra BIK I will have to pay?

Also any advice, tips or recommendations for companies to go through
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

My understanding is that this is generally not a great financial idea (buying a new car never is and through the co)and I have 2 other problems - As a contractor, I have no idea what my annual mileage will be and could easily get stung if I get a job long distance and there are a few horror stories about bills for every blemish at hand back time
    That being said, couple of mates have done this (not through the company). If you are flexible on spec and model, some brokers always have an inventory of models available at some great prices to get them shifted. Probably worst deal will be through a dealer.

Comment

Would love to lease myself, but commting 45K a year makes this impossible.

What is your mileage? If you learn of any high milege options, do share them!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        What is your mileage? If you learn of any high milege options, do share them!
        Make friends with someone who does 'Mileage Correction' for a living. Problem sorted.

Comment

Contract hire your car. As long as you are not too fussy about what you get and what the spec is there are always good deals around.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Would love to lease myself, but commting 45K a year makes this impossible.
            Oi Wilmslow, what's the latest on your mafia neighbours and your long suffering girlfriends?

Comment

if you go the lease route try and get the service package that covers tyres and servicing cos even a basic service on most exec models is gonna cost you £300 + and a set of tyres on an BMW X3 will set you back a grand so unless your driving a fiesta its a good idea

Comment

Tax advice of the week: Get a company car - MoneyWeek

However, as these rates are falling from 2012, you'd be better off going for a car with very low emissions – of just 110g/km. At this level and below, your company can claim 100% of the cost of the car against tax in the year of purchase.

Nor do you have to "tool around" in a Smart car to get the tax break. There are now more than 200 cars on the market, including Audi A3s and BMW 320ds, which fall into the sub-111g/km bracket (see Businesscar.co.uk). So choosing the right low-emissions car could "save your company thousands".

320d is a great car too.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Contract hire your car. As long as you are not too fussy about what you get and what the spec is there are always good deals around.
                  Good point dodgy - any car / spec, as long as chea to run, ie diesel or LGP.

Any suggestions?

Leasing is around £200 a month with grand deposit so anything less a bonus.

Comment

Good point dodgy - any car / spec, as long as chea to run, ie diesel or LGP.

Any suggestions?

Leasing is around £200 a month with grand deposit so anything less a bonus.
                    Just do a Google search. AtW can help you if you get stuck
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X