• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forgive me brothers and sisters for what I may do in the next 24 hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgive me brothers and sisters for what I may do in the next 24 hours

Felt rough last night. Felt awful in the office today. Am sat here dosed up on medicine with a temperature, shivering, sweating, aching, sneezing, coughing, can't breathe properly. If I feel like this in the morning I'm seriously considering phoning in sick. This is beyond a bad cold.

Do not throw me out from the Guild of Worshipful contractors. In mitigation I claim only one previous case of this which was a severe back spasm which left me laid out on the floor for a day and I was back in the office the next day armed with prescription strength pain killers.

Come on, we must have more drugs than this in the house. Anyone know what this Ex-lax stuff does?

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

If you were just a bloke with a cold I'd tell you to stop whining, but if you are seriously considering Not Invoicing it must be serious. Have a day off (only one, mind) and I hope you feel better soon.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

"Forgive me brothers and sisters for what I may do in the next 24 hours "

Don't worry about it. We've all trawled the streets late at night, cut up some hookers(God wills it!) and buried their bodies in damp heath land.

Oh you were talking about something else weren't you?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Work from home. Even if it means sitting in bed with a laptop.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

The trick is to sacrifice a Bob to $DEITY. Works a treat for me when I'm feeling a bit under the weather.

More old fashioned people will say you should stick to chickens as it's easier to dispose of the bodies as hot chicken soup.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            Work from home. Even if it means sitting in bed with a laptop.
            Yep - tell them you don't want to spread you're germs to the permies.

Hope you feel better.

Comment

May him who is without missed invoicing days cast the first stone.

I took 2 days off sick a couple of weeks ago. I actually went in on the second day but gave up after 2 hours of staring at the screen without actually moving
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

I've had a few days off sick over the past 5 years or so.

I've had a lot more than that off with blinding hangovers though

Works out to be a very expensive night out

Comment

I am in! Courtesy of Beechams and a quick McDonalds breakfast onthe way here.

I feel like absolute sh*t and will be taking a few permies down with me. However, my professional integrity stands tall.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    I feel like absolute sh*t and will be taking a few permies down with me.
                    Don't let that concern you. They deserve it.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X