• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smoking...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking...

can damage your health...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/4918538.stm

Makes a change from the usual fag in the oxygen tent trick...

Just one big puff and now he's dead.

Lesson learned.

Comment

"Hospitals are meant to be no smoking but why was he allowed to have a cigarette? I hope there is a thorough investigation. It sounds horrendous."
      The cheek of it Some people just love to have a moan !

So, its the hospitals 'fault' that he was allowed to have a smoke, and the widow wants a full investigation (and some compo no doubt)
      But, if he had been prevented from going outside for a smoke (and would have lived), he would have complained that his civil liberties had been breached, and who did the NHS think they were to stop a grown man having a smoke outside affecting nobody else ....

Some people ....

Comment

I read this headline and it conjured up a couple of images.

1. Nurse says OK go for a fag but be careful, the gel is flammable.
        2. Patient thinks this stuff smells like petrol (or something equaly as flammable).

1&2 Patient decides to find out truth of the above and puts lighter to the stuff....... wooof

I dont for one minute imagine it was an "accident"
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Another contender for the 2006 Darwin Award!
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

I saw this as a candidate for the Darwinian Awards

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
              Snap!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
                Not if he's had kids, unfortunately. Rules is rules.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Def an honourable mention

as they say rules are rules however an honourable mention is possible.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Theres no mention that I can see of any of the staff 'allowing' or even 'knowing' about him smoking....

Up in Scotland its quite sad to see the huddled clumps of nicotine addicts lingering outside pubs for their fix... then carefully ignoring the numerous litter bins / specially constructed waste bins for smokers that are two feet away, and throwing their stubs all over the place ... shame the ban wasnt introduced as winter was closing in...
                    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                    X