• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dealing with Bobs!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with Bobs!

Having worked as a permie for last 5 years in Defence industry I've been sorta out of it. (No SC for Bobs!).

Current client seems to be rolling in Bob contractors by the lorry load....

Some of them are OK fellas but some of them are a complete nightmare. It seems they'll do absolutely ANYTHING to make themselves look good in front of the client.
    Generally, though some of them seem to be right useless lazy twats though.

Got one guy who strolls in when he feels like. However, come meeting or conference call the bugger wont shut up talking about what hes been doing. And even if you're doing a specific task hes got no qualms about steaming in, finishing it off and taking all the credit.

Is this their MO generally?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

I think you've answered your own question. Some bobs are Ok, some aren't. Just like the rest of us really.

HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

It is not being in requirements to delivering work, only talking about delivering working. Pleasing that you paying extra for this above fixed price.

Yours with many delectable regardings

Bob
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I think you've answered your own question. Some bobs are Ok, some aren't. Just like the rest of us really.

HTH
        Gotta be fair - one or two are really nice fellas. Couple of them who came over from India for a few months were sound lads....

Its just the uk based contractors seem to have this bad attitude.....

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Having worked as a permie for last 5 years in Defence industry I've been sorta out of it. (No SC for Bobs!).

Current client seems to be rolling in Bob contractors by the lorry load....

Some of them are OK fellas but some of them are a complete nightmare. It seems they'll do absolutely ANYTHING to make themselves look good in front of the client.
          Generally, though some of them seem to be right useless lazy twats though.

Got one guy who strolls in when he feels like. However, come meeting or conference call the bugger wont shut up talking about what hes been doing. And even if you're doing a specific task hes got no qualms about steaming in, finishing it off and taking all the credit. Is this their MO generally?
          A quite word, may do the trick. After the next meeting take the offender aside and explain to him. "If you do that to me again, I will F#¢K up so bad you may never recover. If you want to take credit for something, try doing some work"

HTH
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

On the whole I've had more possitive Bob experiances than negative. Come to think of it, I'd rather work with Bob than a stale, relectant, lazy permie any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
              On the whole I've had more possitive Bob experiances than negative. Come to think of it, I'd rather work with Bob than a stale, relectant, lazy permie any day.

Hi Bob
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Put in a subtle but significant error. Something involving significant data loss is always good. Then when Bob finishes it off he'll look like a right Charlie when the "error" comes to light and he gets the blame.

Comment

Having previously had little experience of Bobs I know am starting to see the bigger picture.....

1. They seem experts at making themselves look good.
                  2. If something doesnt work the way they like, they'll blame someone.
                  3. (Important one). They're all ******* clueless but wont admit they dont know something.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    1. They seem experts at making themselves look good.
                    2. If something doesnt work the way they like, they'll blame someone.
                    3. (Important one). They're all ******* clueless but wont admit they dont know something.
                    Sounds like they should be in politics

Comment

Working...
                    X