• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remember Chamberlain Scott?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember Chamberlain Scott?

I'm sure a large number of you will remember Chamberlain Scott, the agencey that went bust in 2004 owing contractors £100k's in unpaid fees but still paying it's 2 directors £400k per annum?

Well, it would seem that one of the directors is back in business and for those of you who never had your invoices paid, you may be rather sickened to read the statement made on this ex-directors (Kevin Ford) Linkedin profile concerning his time as Managing Director of Chamberlain Scott.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...file_name_link

Originally posted by itcontractor51 View Post
    I'm sure a large number of you will remember Chamberlain Scott, the agencey that went bust in 2004 owing contractors £100k's in unpaid fees but still paying it's 2 directors £400k per annum?

Well, it would seem that one of the directors is back in business and for those of you who never had your invoices paid, you may be rather sickened to read the statement made on this ex-directors (Kevin Ford) Linkedin profile concerning his time as Managing Director of Chamberlain Scott.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...file_name_link

Please copy and paste as I am not a linkedin member nor do I follow Twitface book and I don't have an eyepod what ever that is.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

What kind of contractor isn't on LI?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I remember them being named "Chamber Pott" by many on here. Many posh politics degree graduates as agents I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Please copy and paste as I am not a linkedin member nor do I follow Twitface book and I don't have an eyepod what ever that is.
          Glad to see someone doesn't waste their time on this modern nonsense.

Paddy

Super poster

Paddy is professional and courteous

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Set up sites in a similar vain to NTLHell, to warn/inform people of directors with dodgy pasts. Provide links to the official sites so Google indexes them and people can find them.

If it's factual it can't get into trouble can it?

Seeing as a proper blacklist isn't possible due to worries over libel is this the best alternative for raising awareness?
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

On the ex-Managing Directors LinkedIn profile

Kevin Ford appears to be back on his feet and is Head of IT Recruitment (Sales) at a company called FusionExperience. He recently contacted me regarding a role obviously not remembering that his old company still owes me £50k (not including interest). It's disgusting that this guy can continue to operate in the industry after people had to remortgage thier houses. Complete fiction, this guy didnt pay anyone a penny and still managed to give himself £150k salary and £50k dividend just months before going bust. Here is what he has to say about his time as MD of Chamberlain Scott: (Dont get drawn into any of the Enron nonsense either, you were llucky if you could get them to pay invoices within 90 days long before they started dealing with Enron and thier exposure was minimal anyway)

Founder and Managing Director of IT Recruitment Company, Chamberlain Scott International Limited. We started with just the 2 of us. We were reasonably successful, turning over £1M in our first year. (£3M in year 2 and £10M year 3). Various other ventures were started also, including opening a separate company in Dublin in 1998, called Chamberlain Scott Ireland, and Chamberlain Scott International (USA) Inc., in New York.

We also began a nursing agency, Cardinal Medical Limited, a Teaching division and a Finance division that supplied Fund Managers etc.

At its peak in 1999/2000 the company turnover was £18M and employed 90 staff. However, the IT market subsequently suffered a serious slump. We were also adversely affected by Enron, as we were supplying them with up to 40 contractors, and they went bust and never paid, and yet we still paid the contractors

Not sure if his bosses at his new company are aware of his past but perhaps it would be best to avoid any company which he is associated with!

Comment

Originally posted by itcontractor51 View Post
                Not sure if his bosses at his new company are aware of his past

It's your duty to inform them.

Maybe he'll get sacked for lying on his CV.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

How many contractors did his old company owe money to, and how much did he owe?

If it was only a few, his new employers might just consider that co-lateral damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    How many contractors did his old company owe money to, and how much did he owe?

If it was only a few, his new employers might just consider that co-lateral damage.
                    To the best of my knowledge, virtually every contractor on thier books was left being owed something, i met one guy who was owed nearly £100k and lots more were owed around the £10-£20k mark. They just about managed to avoind being investigated by the DTi after they sold the company assetts to a holding company called Chamberlain Scott (UK) Ltd for a tiny sum which was pointless as they ran this company into the ground shortly after.

The last offer they made was 3p for every £1 owed andi dont believe this was ever paid.

Quite ironic that they should blame Enron for thier downfall!

Comment

Working...
                    X